cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access caller's ID from voicemail

IanEvans

Can't access caller's ID from voicemail

Hi,

I'm new to Plusnet mobile, but I have found what I hope is a basic problem.  Someone called me when my mobile was off.  The caller left a voicemail, but didn't give their number in that voice message, and there doesn't appear to be any way to find their caller ID in the Voicemail system. 

I found a previous post in July 2017 raising the same issue, and the PlusNet person replied "I understand that this can be of importance and I'll certainly feed this back to the relevant department for review".  Can someone please let me know if it has been reviewed?

I've used several networks and never had the problem of caller ID not being available before.  This really needs sorting please!

Ian.

5 REPLIES 5
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Can't access caller's ID from voicemail

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

As an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and not an MNO (Mobile Network Operator), our Voicemail service is basic and does not include any premium features such as the callers number. 

We have taken this feedback on board previously however, we don't have any plans to implement this anytime soon. If this feature is to be introduced in the future, we'll be sure to let our customers know.

- Rebeka 

allrounder55
Dabbler

What is the point of having a voicemail feature if you cant ring the person back? Thats the whole idea of the feature. Its pathetic that you as a company dont offer this TalkTalk is the sane as you there an MVNO and they offer a feature to callback the voicemail message your just making excuses and its not good enough.This is going to be reported to ofcom as your not providing this service correctly. Totally unacceptable.

plutox
Grafter

@RebekaPreston wrote:
... As an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and not an MNO (Mobile Network Operator), our Voicemail service is basic and does not include any premium features such as the callers number.

You may care to note that Tesco Mobile, an MVNO like yourselves, does offer this facility.

While it is reasonable that the Plusnet product be differentiated from its EE counterpart, this does seem to be a rather curmudgeonly weakness.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi plutox,

I completely understand how inconvenient it can be however, I cannot comment on another networks features and functions.

Although we use the EE network, we are a separate entity entirely and as such, operate within our own parameters. 

- Rebeka 

broadld

GiffGaff and every over MVNO provider offer this. I can't believe such a simple feature is not available! That will be me moving back to GiffGaff!