Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I turn off voicemail?

FIXED
philioso
Dabbler

Can I turn off voicemail?

99% of my voicemails are silence from junk calls - I'd like to turn voicemail off so I can't be left a message. I don't want to pay 40p/min to check/clear these messages and nowadays there are plenty of other comms options for people to choose from when I'm busy that is a little more current that voicemail.

Can I do that on PN Mobile?

I tried turning it off under the call forwarding section of my phone but it says the mobile network doesn't support disabling the feature that way.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I turn off voicemail?

Fix

Hi @philioso

If you give us a call by dialling 500 from your SIM, one of our colleagues can deactivate the Voicemail service from your account and this will stop you from receiving any messages. 

Just to make you aware though; Voicemail is included within your bundle and it will only charge 40p per minute, if you happen to go over your call allowance. -Ashleigh

Mav
Fixes: 514

Calls to Voicemail are part of your inclusive call allowance as per this post.

AshleighDavis beat me too it Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

philioso
Dabbler

Thanks Ashleigh, for some reason I got the impression they aren't included - but that's good to know! Also good to know i can turn it off.

RJM
Rising Star

Call customer services - they can easily arrange to turn the service off.

RJM
Rising Star

Whoops - answer given whilst I was typing!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. Smiley

You can also pop up to our Live-Chat Team via https://www.plus.net/mobile/ and they can also get this sorted for you! -Ashleigh

folkdisco
Hooked

"Only 40p a minute"!
Ridiculous!
There should be a key qequence so you can switch it on and off at will, rather than having to talk to CS when they're open and if they answer.

Shahid

Your colleagues never pick the phone. Now I'm tired to calling 500.Have any code like #002# for deactivate the Voicemail service 

RM1
Grafter

There are other issues with plusnet's voicemail implementation which I outlined in this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Voicemail-quot-OFF-quot/td-p/1403636

Essentially when Plusnet turn it "off" the divert is still set, just the network "busies" the call after 7 rings. It is a bodge and I totally agree USSD codes/menu deactivation should be able to be used (or EEs text implementation to turn off, which also supports Apple's visual notification).

rockradio1

I found it so difficult to contact customer service. I don't want to phone and don't like using chat. So went to control panel for phone. It showed voicemail unticked even though it was operating. I decided to switch on voicemail, wait for email conformations it was switched on and then remove the service. It worked.