cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I port at anytime.in my contract

khkats
Dabbler

Can I port at anytime.in my contract

I am thinking of taking a 30 day sim only contract with Plusnet but may not want to port my number from virgin for a month, Can I do this.

2 REPLIES 2
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Can I port at anytime.in my contract

Hi khkats,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! It's great to hear you're thinking of joining Plusnet mobile, it would be fantastic to have you on board with us!

With regards to porting in, you can do this anytime you like throughout your 30 day rolling contract, all you need to do, is obtain a PAC code from your current provider and once you have signed up with us and you're ready to port-in, give us that PAC and we'll start the process of bringing your number over to us. The port-in process will take 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday and up to 2 working days if processed after 6pm to complete. There will be some disruption on the network in the meantime, but this is part of the process. You can use your existing SIM until the transfer is complete and you will know this as your current SIM will stop working. When this happens, pop in your Plusnet mobile SIM and you'll be good to go!

Hope this helps! - Rebeka Smiley

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Can I port at anytime.in my contract

Be aware @khkats that if your existing contract ends before requesting a PAC then you will lose your number. I'm not sure if it would still be valid if you do get one and then your existing contract ends before the port completion.