cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I forward calls to a UK landline when I'm unavailable?

ianmanning2016
Dabbler

Can I forward calls to a UK landline when I'm unavailable?

I'm going to be in Egypt for a few days this month, and would like to forward any unanswered incoming calls to my Plusnet Mobile to a UK landline number (a Sipgate basic number). Can anyone tell me how/if I can do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Can I forward calls to a UK landline when I'm unavailable?

Depending on your phone, there should be a divert option (unless hiddened by the SIM) where you divert all calls to the Sipgate number.

Also when you say unavailable, do you want all calls diverted or just want ones you don't answer? Be very wary of the latter as I believe you will incur charges for that.

For the hassle I would divert all calls. It should also be possible by a *# number. I assume you can only do this in the UK and won't work on a foreign network.

Someone will be able to answer this better than me I'm sure.

ianmanning2016
Dabbler

Interesting - I hadn't considered the fact that only forwarding unanswered calls might be chargeable. In this scenario, would the associated charge be deducted from my monthly minutes allowance?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I very much doubt it - the reason I mention it is I used to read the telecom forums and you have to pay incoming charges to Egypt and back again to the UK to your voicemail.

It may have changed in the last few years, but just trying to avoid you getting a nasty shock bill when you get back home.

Take what I have said with a pinch of salt (as they say), but don't make the assumption it will be free.

ianmanning2016
Dabbler

I think the Egypt thing might have confused matters....the idea is that I forward incoming calls to my UK Sipgate number, then answer them using the VOIP app on my phone in Egypt (connecting to my Sipgate account). In this scenario the Plusnet Mobile network would be handing the call off to a UK Sipgate number, so international rates should not apply (at least not to the Plusnet Mobile part of the call). 

Re. voicemails - I was hoping I could make a VOIP call to Plusnet's 0800 number to pick them up, and hence avoid roaming charges.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

From other posts in the past it has been stated that PlusNet don't support call forwarding I'm afraid

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Call-Forwarding/m-p/1567830

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Call-Forwarding/m-p/1397173

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Call-Forwarding-but-not-to-voicemail/m-p/1551252

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.