cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to voicemail are silent

FIXED
rusky

Calls to voicemail are silent

I noticed I had a missed call & voicemail earlier but when I dialled 555 it connected but it was silent. I tried calling my mobile from another phone but when the call goes to voicemail, that also goes silent.

I tried the MMI codes I found on here but they didn't help.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Calls to voicemail are silent

Fix

Hi @rusky,

I'm sorry that your voicemail service isn't working properly and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

If you've not done so already, please can you restart your handset. Please also try your SIM in a different handset, if possible. If the issue persists, please send me a PM with the following information so that we can access your account:

- Your full name

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number

Please put another comment on this post once you've sent the PM, so that we can ensure this is picked back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rusky

Hi Emily,

I did try restarting the phone but that didn't work. 

Putting the SIM in another handset allowed me to call & hear the voicemail & reinserting it in the original phone now works too.

Thanks for the suggestion.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @rusky,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that your voicemail service is now working correctly after moving the SIM to a different handset and then back to the usual handset. This does seem to be quite an unusual issue so please let us know if you experience any further problems with your voicemail service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team