cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to and from O2 -- including GiffGaff and Tesco

Brimham

Calls to and from O2 -- including GiffGaff and Tesco

For the last three months I've had difficulties with contacts that are on O2 itself or one of its piggy-back networks such as GiffGaff and Tesco. I tried a new SIM and even a new iPhone with no success. A call to Plusnet yielded a new and better contract yet no promise of a better service. 

The only information I got was that the O2 network was the source of the problem and that it was common to all other networks, so there was no point in changing, and this had been an issue for the past two weeks since people started using their handsets more because they were working from home.

I'm not convinced. I threw a few search terms into Google and found references to the issue from quite some time backJust looking at the answers here all I can see is that other users have had these inter-network problems since 2018. 

Can someone tell me what the issue is and when it will be sorted. Please?

As things stand I'm around £200 out of pocket for the cost of a new phone and no nearer an answer. If Plusnet had publicised this, then I wouldn't have tried a new phone.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calls to and from O2 -- including GiffGaff and Tesco

Welcome to the community [Removed]

I would be careful using your full mobile number as user name you don't know whos about

HD

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

So to emphasise it, you repost their number in your reply 🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes because that's their ( spelt correctly people on this Community should learn how to spell ) user name no one else has said anything

HD

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Aimed at me? It was spelt correctly, no edits either! Take a look.

Just because it's their username, doesn't mean it should be repeated over the forum when it is a phone number, common sense really. They can get the name changed, they can't change your post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sent a message to Moderator to have that part of my message removed so hopefully that will be done.

japitts
Rising Star

Is your number a natively issued PlusNet number, or was it ported in from another provider?

Assuming your username is your phone number, I suspect I know the answer but confirmation could certainly help.

Also, are calls from any of the other network operators affected? if there's a problem on the PN/EE side, then it wouldn't only affect O2 but also from any other network that isn't PN/EE. And there's going to be at least 2 operators that fit into that category.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @Brimham

I'm sorry you're having trouble with contacting other o2 sim holders - can you just confirm is this voice/text? Are you noticing the issues with any other network you call/text out to? What seems to happen when you try to call/text o2 numbers?

Thanks.