cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going straight to voicemail

thetarpey
Grafter

Calls going straight to voicemail

Hi, I've been getting calls routed constantly to voicemail and I'm seriously considering switching networks. At home my signal strength is fine, but still I have voicemails arrive without any record on the phone itself. Please help.
7 REPLIES 7
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Calls going straight to voicemail

Have you checked your diverts?
thetarpey
Grafter

Hi, I've never set any diverts up. I do still get some calls come through.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @thetarpey, thanks for getting in touch. So that we assist you, could you PM your account ref, full address with postcode, full name and mobile number.

thetarpey
Grafter

Doing some research into this, I think the issue the result of Plusnet not allowing voLTE. When a call is incoming, my phone is trying to switch from 4g to Edge (there's no 3g signal available here anymore) The phone can't switch fast enough and the call goes through to voicemail. This also explains the massive delay when I try to make outgoing calls, as I have to wait for the phone to switch out of 4g and pickup another signal. It's really shoddy. Is there a timeline for Plusnet to enable voLTE? Otherwise I'm going to be forced to switch to another network.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @thetarpey I have now replied via PM.

thetarpey
Grafter

Is there a timescale on when Plusnet goes to enable voLTE? I'm fed up of waiting an age for call to connect.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry that @thetarpey, we do not have this service available just yet. At the moment there is no such plans to enable but we'll update our customers when we know.