Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going straight to Voicemail

djclarke
Dabbler

Calls going straight to Voicemail

I've been with Plusnet for a week.

I get most of my phone calls in business hours.  When I'm in my work office everything works fine but I've noticed that any calls I get a home go straight to voicemail.

I called support who told me to turn off CF using ##21# which works. So I re-enabled it to by entering, as support told me to, **61*+447870020555*11*30# and the issue returns.

So I've had to turn the CF to voicemail off as I'm missing client calls because of it.   From what I can tell this is a common issue but what's the fix?

15 REPLIES 15
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Calls going straight to Voicemail

Hi djclarke!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

We have 4 different codes that may help however, I can't advise as to which will work as they're all handset dependant. Can you try each one by dialling it into your keypad and calling that number? The codes are as follows:

• **004*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **004*07870020555*11*30#
  • **61*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **61*07870020555*11*30#.

There is also another number that you can try: #21#

Once you tried this code, you'll need to re-boot your handset. You can do this by:

• Turning the handset off
  • Taking the SIM card out
  • Leaving it for a couple of minutes
  • Replacing the SIM card
  • Turning the handset back on

If the above does not resolve the issue, can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet.

Once completed, try testing your Voicemail Service however, do not call 555, please call the long Voicemail number which is 07870020555.

We try to investigate by performing the above troubleshooting steps and ruling out anything that can be causing this. If the issue persists, be sure to send me a Private Message and I'll look into this further for you.

- Rebeka 

djclarke
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Rebeka.

How will performing that help when it's network dependent? At work I get the calls fine at home I don't.  The distance between the two is around 20 miles so I'm on a different mast then.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Does the issue persist only inside your home or outside within the postcode area also?

- Rebeka 

djclarke
Dabbler

I'm not sure as I don't get a lot of calls outside of business hours.  I received a few calls when I was in the work location on Monday and they came through fine.  When I was at home that evening they went to voicemail.

I tried today at home from my wife phone (EE) and that went to voicemail.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid we can't always guarantee signal due to the density of building materials, tree cover, weather conditions and how many people are using the network however, If you could send me a Private Message with your details, I can take a look into your account for you. 

- Rebeka 

djclarke
Dabbler

There is no signal issue.  I get great signal most of the time at home and good or average signal at work.

djclarke
Dabbler

I can confirm that at work I can ring my mobile and it rings fine as I would expect.  Calling from the same mobile at home (which I did before I left home this morning) goes straight to voicemail.

Signal is not an issue as both phones get a good 4G signal.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi djclarke,

I have replied to your PM now.

- Rebeka 

djclarke
Dabbler

Well the replacement SIM did exactly the same.  So I called customer services and verified that this only seems to be happening at home.  I'm given the same line about not being able to guarantee service whilst I'm calling them from my plusnet mobile in my home with perfect 4G signal.

[CSA Removed] told me that EE need three different phone calls from three different locations.  I explained that if I get three different locations two of them will work because it only happens at home. He seemed to understand this and then told me the phone calls have to be Monday to Friday and that it will take upto five working days for this and no I can't talk to a manager for at least two days.

To have a phone I can make outgoing calls on by not receive them in my home is frankly diabolical and you appear to have no ability to fix these issues in house.  Not being able to receive calls from anybody is distressing my oldest daughter is disabled and I need to be in contact with her.

What use is a phone if I can't be contacted on it? Frankly this is a joke and I fear a prime example of what Plusnet Mobile is.  I love your internet service to me it's the best in it's value / class but this is really trying my patience. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi djclarke!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear about this! When you sign up with us, we do perform a general coverage check in the area and advise customers that we cannot always guarantee full service due to the density of building materials, tree cover, weather conditions and how many people are using the network.

We do try to troubleshoot the issue as much as possible before sending this off, it helps the Team to perform a thorough investigation and come to a resolution. As your SIM card works in other areas, it indicates that the issue is only present within your home. I can't guarantee that the Team can help with this issue however, if you would like, we can still get them examples sent off regardless for further investigation. 

I am sorry for the frustration and inconvenience caused during this time djclarke, and if there is anything we can do, we'll work hard to put this right for you. 

- Rebeka 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@djclarke the problem is possibly a low 3g signal in your home area. Since PlusNet don't support VoLTE (Voice over LTE), in order to receive an incoming call, the network must switch the phone to 3g. If the 3g coverage in the area is choppy then it can take too long for the phone to switch and reconnect and thus the network sends the call to voicemail. You can test this theory by setting the phone to 3g only when at home and see if it receives calls ok.

The codes that Rebeka suggested earlier are to try and extend the voicemail timeout to 30 seconds, thus giving the phone longer to switch

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

djclarke
Dabbler

@MisterW you a diamond Smiley

Switching to 3G/2G only fixed the problem.  I can survive on that for now.

But look at LTE Discovery on the phone I get 3/4 Signal on LTE and 3/4 on HSPA+ in my house full 4/4 on both outside of the house so why it make a difference.  The phone is not even two years old (LG G4).

If plusnet had told me to do that I would be happy with the solution.

djclarke
Dabbler

So I was expecting a call back from a manager at PlusNet Mobile to explain the situation on Monday and still nothing at Tuesday evening.  I guess that goes to tell me how much they care about customer service.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi djclarke!

I'm really sorry about this, if you could send me a Private Message with your details, I can certainly chase this up for you. 

- Rebeka