cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going straight to Voicemail

mialex
Dabbler

Calls going straight to Voicemail

Missed very important bank payment, as all calls go straight to voicemail.

Phoned support, was given a long MMI code to enter into mobile, received message invalid code.

Removed replaced SIM. reset phone, jumped up and down, swore at phone, no luck.

Sent email to help centre, no reply.

Last month lost plusnet landline (and broadband) for several days so could not receive calls, this month cannot receive calls on mobile.

Been with Plusnet since Brightview days, and mobile since launch. It is getting worse.

Due to number of similar posts regarding this problem on this forum and other websites, what are Plusnet doing?

With others users in similar situation, Plusnet reply PM me.

Why not just fix problem, or post proper fix on forum?

9 REPLIES 9
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Calls going straight to Voicemail

Hi mialex!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with this and I'd like to help in anyway I can. Can you please key into your dial pad #21# and press call. Following this, can you re-boot your handset by performing the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

This will refresh the signal to the SIM card and apply any changes.

- Rebeka 

pabloeldiablo
Dabbler

This will restore incoming calls yes, but only until his bank calls him again. Are you guys (Plusnet) working on a permanent fix?Huh

mialex
Dabbler

If you read third line of my post, you will see I have tried this.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pabloeldiablo,

The code #21# should resolve this and reconnect the calls that are incoming. If the issue does persist, contact myself or another member of the mobile staff via private message and we'll investigate further. 

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mialex,

I see that you have tried the long code, if you could try the short #21# code, let me know how you get on and then we'll go from there, that would be great.

thanks,

- Rebeka 

HaRRy3

I've tried this and it didn't work.
mialex
Dabbler

Just seen my latest Plusnet landline phone bill.

Plusnet cost me £5.18 for making 15 calls to my Plusnet mobile number, after each of their suggested fixes, and to see if problem had been rectified..

Each of these calls went straight to voicemail.

What a poor service. 

Heatha
Dabbler

There are so many people with this exact same problem. I have not been receiving about 80% of my calls for the last 5 weeks. PlusNet, this needs sorting!! I will be making my 4th call to plusnet customer services tomorrow. The first thing that will be happening is that you will be refunding me my last bill. If this is not fixed very soon I'll start looking  for a replacement company.

What is most bizarre here is that PlusNet aren't seemingly even acknowledging that there is a problem!

stormy
Dabbler

Hi guys,

Just transferred to Plusnet from EE and this is what I am getting too, absolute nightmare. Effectively I have a phone which is half usable. Already missed 3 important calls because they went straight to voicemail. 

Called Plusnet support who are sending me a new sim, not quite sure what this is going to do as to be honest it appears to be a network setting. Tried all the fixes I can find #21# code and removing sim, setting airplane mode, and also tried the sim in another handset and it doesn't receive calls there either, straight to voicemail. So my handset is fine. 

Really disappointed by this, I guess if this doesn't get resolved soon I will be moving to another provider. Seems like its a regular issue from posts here.

Who do I complain to to get a discount off my bill?