cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going straight to Voicemail

Catswhiska
Hooked

Calls going straight to Voicemail

This is happening on a regular basis and it's not just me but also with 2 other people I know. I am running an iPhone with the latest software. iPhone is set up correctly( hubby is an Apple engineer) 

A few times each week a call goes straight to voicemail. Phone doesn't even ring and yes the ringer is on and 'do not disturb' is off. This is very annoying. It never happened with Giffgaff and all my settings are correct!

Any ideas? 

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calls going straight to Voicemail

Hi @Catswhiska

Thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention. 

Have you tried resetting the Network Settings at all? Although you may have the correct settings installed, it may need restarting. Go to Settings/ General/ Reset/ Reset Network Settings and after you've done this try rebooting your handset.

If there's still no further improvement, please don't hesitate to send me a private message and I'll do all I can to look into this in more depth. -Ashleigh

Catswhiska
Hooked

Thanks. Will try that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Thank you. I hope this works for you- let us know how you get on. -Ashleigh

Catswhiska
Hooked

Happened again this morning Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I'm sorry to hear this @Catswhiska. Sad

If you'd like to drop me a private message, I can look into your account in further detail and I'll do all I can to help. -Ashleigh

Catswhiska
Hooked

Thanks Ashleigh...will do

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Smiley 

I'll respond to your private message now, thanks! -Ashleigh

srichards

@Catswhiska wrote:

This is happening on a regular basis and it's not just me but also with 2 other people I know. I am running an iPhone with the latest software. iPhone is set up correctly( hubby is an Apple engineer) 

A few times each week a call goes straight to voicemail. Phone doesn't even ring and yes the ringer is on and 'do not disturb' is off. This is very annoying. It never happened with Giffgaff and all my settings are correct!

Any ideas? 

Make that 3! I have the same issue. It's ridiculous. I have had them turn off voicemail now.

It's been wrong since I ported. Like you it worked fine when I was on Giffgaff. It's just when on Plusnet. Calls go straight to voicemail most of the time. I'm finding about 1 in 5 or more calls only actually get through. I don't always get the call logged on the phone either as I don't think the call even gets to the phone. The voicemail system takes it before it even has a chance to ring the phone.

This number used to be on orange originally. It has been on several other networks and ported all over and it's always been fine.

All out going calls work fine. Incoming and outgoing texts work fine. Data works fine. It's just incoming calls have not been working since the port took effect. It's never worked properly and I'm getting fed up of Plusnet essentially blaming my phone. Turn off their voicemail and suddenly it works ok.  It's cost me a fortune in landline charges to keep ringing my phone to test different settings as I am charged a minute's call time for every call as it gets slammed straight onto voicemail. They've already had to credit me for the port taking forever.

They have sent a new sim but with voicemail off it is working and I'm loathed to end up with a non working phone yet again. Plus it's far cheaper to test as I don't get charged each time.

bill_bike01

Hi Srichards,

Did your problem get sorted?

My some of my calls are going straight to voice mails. For example automated re- confirmations for bank transfers. This is causing major hassle.  The robot is asking me to type in a four digit confirmation code and then bang “to hear this message again press 1, to delete ….etc etc” I contacted the bank and they advised that maybe Plusnet are barring some robot numbers.  Plusnet say they never block numbers. So I am stuffed.  I was a life mobile customer.  Can anybody help.  I use a Samsung note 3.

geordiedancer71

Hi,

I recently purchased a new handset and added my banking app to it.  The app requires a call which i activated to my handset to verify the handset, after a few days, it dawned on me that every time the app tried to call and failed it would block incoming calls for about 4 - 5 hours.  

I spoke with plusnet mobile and they stated there is a known issue with short codes numbers dialling in and they added it to the team to investigate.  I did contact my bank and the number it dials in from is an 0345 number.

Also, a week before I had an email to an ongoing warranty issue, saying that had tried to call on a few occasions and the number was dead, they call from overseas, and more than likely it also blocked incoming calls.

Out going works fine, data fine, just incoming calls and texts........Any fix yet? 

marksinton
Hooked

I have this problem as well; I've checked Settings and they are fine. Uploaded latest patch from Apple version 10 operating system, still happens. Like Bill, this only happened after being ported to Plusnet. Has anyone got a fix?

Heatha
Dabbler

Lots and lots of people having the problem, no fix. PlusNet seem to have their head in the sand pretending that each caller is a unique occurrence and not acknowledging that there is a problem in general. If you look through the threads and posts in the last month it's an issue affecting people across the country on PlusNet.

I have full signal, I can phone out with perfect reception, I can send and receive texts instantly, 3g & 4g is great, but 80% of the time people can't connect when they try to call me.

They will get you to do #21# which turns of call divert. They'll get you to do **004*07870020555*11*30# which makes your phone ring for 30 sec before answer machine kicks in... None of them will solve it. It's clearly a network issue.

timbodawson

I am having the same problem, since switching to PlusNet in Feb my phone hardly rings and some calls go direct to voicemail. Something is seriously wrong if others are having the same problem, looks like I'll need to get another provide.

MikeBz
Rising Star

Try switching off 4G (see other threads).  For a number of people, in a number of areas, calls go directly to voicemail if you have 4G on.  This might not be the problem in your case but it has worked for other people - it did for me, so I then left Plusnet Mobile after 2 weeks because effectively it's not a 4G service if you have to keep it switched off in order to receive calls.