cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and texts not working in Bulgaria

JPL64

Calls and texts not working in Bulgaria

Recentjy joined Plusnet mobile. Taken phone to Bulgaria. Gets connected to Vivacom no problem, but when I try to make calis, a message says outgoing calls are barred. Friends can’t call me, and I can’t send or receive texts. Online chat no use - suggested it was a handset problem. Never had a problem with EE. Any ideas? I have also e mailed customer service, but got no reply. Can’t call, as calling is barred! Very frustrating.
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Calls and texts not working in Bulgaria

It could be that PN don't have a roaming agreement with Vivacom. Try manually connecting to one of the other networks, I think there are 4 networks in Bulgaria.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JPL64

Thanks MisterW. I have tried other networks but could get no service at all. In my online chat with Plusnet they did not suggest that have no partnership, and Bulgaria is listed in the list of “Roam like at home” countries.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

In that case, if you can't call support, then you need to persevere with online chat or wait for one of the forum PN help team to respond to this thread. You certainly should be able to roam in Bulgaria!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

If you can PM me your account number I'll be happy to check things are set correctly on your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JPL64

How do I PM you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

There should be a send private message button on my profile but if you click on this link: https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/45633 that should take you directly to the page where you can PM me. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet