cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Customer Services and Cancellation

carteryd

Calling Customer Services and Cancellation

Tried three times today to get through to C/S and spent about 45 minutes in total on hold. Even the web chat isn't connecting.

Not the best, guys!

I'm trying to cancel my contract and get a PAC code. I've read that this can be done on a case-by-case basis here. If someone could please PM me that would be great.

Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Re: Calling Customer Services and Cancellation

Hi carteryd!

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you've had! Our Live Chat service does appear to be up and running, but nevertheless I've sent you a PM and will be happy to help from there. Smiley

- Charlie

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

from memory you can't cancel via chat - I don't know about a PAC

Bullfey

U are not alone , customer service is worst than everything on this company. Called to cancel , they say ye ye , after ....... no answer to mi questions , i asket the service to be shut down since i moved house . Naah too difficult for them to do it ( since u leave u dont matter anymore ) so searchin online mi services still running 😕 this guys just dont' care . Sooo , i wish u good luck
Purplehearts

I have been trying to cancel my mobile contracts as well with zero luck. The number on the website takes you to the broadband department who cant help and transfer you to a different deparment. After being on hold for 40 mins a guy answered only to say we close at 6 call back tomorrow and hung up on me! In the end i just cancelled the direct debits in the hope that they will contact me... i have managed to cancel my broadband but they still keep sending me emails saying my direct debit has been cancelled...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Purplehearts.

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

It sounds as if you contacted the wrong department, as our Sales/Cancellations Team are open 8am-8pm Monday- Friday, 9am-7pm Saturday and 9am-6pm Sunday.

If you wish to cancel your mobile contract, you can call 500 free from your Plusnet SIM or 0800 079 1133, and choose option 3. We do advise for customers to not cancel their Direct Debits, as this will only suspend the services on the account and not close the account down - this could result in extra charges. 

If you do cancel your Direct Debit, we'll not get in touch with you by calling, but the automatic system will send you a text and email, advising you that your Direct Debit has been stopped, and to contact us as soon as possible to have this re-instated. You'll then recieve further correspondence continuously via email and text, until this is resolved. 

I would advise to give our Customer Service Team a call on 500 free from your handset and choose option 1, if you wish to stay and re-instate your Direct Debit. Alternatively, if you wish to leave, give us a call on 500, choose option 3, and the Sales/Cancellations Team will be more than happy to go through this with you. 

- Rebeka 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never even though you are very annoyed stop a direct debit with you bank because when the company in your case PlusNet does not get paid they will put a comment on your credit file with a credit reference agency ie Equifax/ Experian /Callcredit.

When you apply for credit in the future you will have big problems for not paying just a few pounds 

Bullfey

It is not about few pounds , it is about shut down services st8 away since i im not living anymore there ( just in case the new tenant start to use the landline , mi bill wil increase significantly) and i asked for a last bill with all the cancellation fee etc . It is not im unwilling to pay
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I can understand your frustration with not be able to get through.

Cancelling Direct Debits is not the way to go. While it will stop you being charged in the short term it can cause you hassle in the long term, when (not just PlusNet any company) get a failed payment.

Company doesn't know why, and you get persued.

As annoying as it is for you, just keep trying to contact them.

Bullfey

I know man , but im just try to leave uk without debts , since i dont know if il be back sooner or later . Cancelling DD , was the only way to stop the services ; and yes i was calling and explained . It is not like i was just cancel DD and run away , it is not my way . After all is the english saiyng " It is what it is "