cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callers unable to get through

Freemz

Callers unable to get through

Hi, I've been with Plusnet Mobile for approximately 1 month now, however I'm constantly having people tell me that when they call they can't get through, they either receive a generic recording saying that the call cannot connect or no tone/recording at all. It's getting frustrating now as there could be many more missed calls that I am unaware of plus people result in calling via WhatsApp which is annoying.
Can someone help with this issue?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Callers unable to get through

Hi 

This is a common problem that they are aware of and Plus net are not doing enough to resolve it.

Its so frustrating that people are not getting through but you are unaware until you bump into them and they ask why you are ignoring their calls.  It appears that all the problems are with switching from Vodafone.

Me and the wife had the same trouble when we first took contracts with P/N Mobile.  After our complaints fell on deaf ears and made to keep ridiculous amount of records from the people who could not get through and dealing inexperienced or just unhelpful customer services I wrote a letter of complaint and was given a handler to rectify the matter.

Again we were asked to get the people that cannot get through to produce a log of where and when they attempted to ring.

It was a ridiculous scenario asking strangers and businesses to keep records.   However, I would not be put off and persevered the problem was resolved after 3 months.

It is a disgrace that Plus net are aware of this problem but take so long to resolve it.

Write to customer services and do not give up.

Regards

Col

Hi 

This is a common problem that they are aware of and Plus net are not doing enough to resolve it.

I

Me and the wife had the same trouble when we first took contracts with P/N Mobile.  After our complaints fell on deaf ears and made to keep ridiculous amount of records from the people who could not get through and dealing inexperienced or just unhelpful customer services I wrote a letter of complaint and was given a handler to rectify the matter.

Again we were asked to get the people that cannot get through to produce a log of where and when they attempted to ring.

It was a ridiculous scenario asking strangers and businesses to keep records.   However, I would not be put off and persevered the problem was resolved after 3 months.

It is a disgrace that Plus net are aware of this problem but take so long to resolve it.

Write to customer services and do not give up.

Regards

Col

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Are those calls from Virgin Mobile

That is a long runn ing and ever returning problem. You can ring them, they get number not registered on network when they try to ring you.

Happened to me a year ago when I signed up, got resolved after WEEKS, now had a new sim due to issues with old one and again VM cant get through.

Happens again and again and again. Look through the forums here and elsewhere.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
RobC
Pro

Quick update -

This time, after over 5 hours ( a lot better than weeks) VM calls are coming through.

So either my very frustrated call was quickly actioned, or the 2 hour transition is really 'parts will start working over about 5 hours

Might not be using that pac code yet then, although the ride has certainly been very very bumpy from day 1.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all, 

If anyone is still experiencing issues with calls going straight to Voicemail and/or the handset not dropping from 4G to 3G when a call is being received, please send me or any other mobile staff a Private Message with your Plusnet mobile number and we can look into this further.

Thanks,

- Rebeka 

RobC
Pro

Also be aware that the EE 2g signal appears to be disappearing, so if you dont have a 4g sim yet (not sure if thats the case for any plusnet over EE customers) and are in one of those areas- that will affect you.

Seen claims this isnt happening, BUT it Affected my t-mobile sim (2g/3g no 4g) quite dramatically at home starting a few months ago. The plusnet 4g sim in the same phone gets a far better signal and connection - voice that is.

Also be aware that VM forum mods are deleting entire posts in their forums with references to the VM -> Plusnet number not registered call issue.