Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from TSB has stopped me receiving calls and texts

FIXED
Selgovae
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Call from TSB has stopped me receiving calls and texts

Just been setting up a new TSB bank account and they tried to phone my mobile so I can input a verification code.

This never came and since then I can't receive calls or texts. The calls go straight to answerphone. If I leave a test message there it doesn't show a notification either.

I have read about this problem from others on here and it appears to a known about Plusnet problem to do with short codes. The advice I read  was to 

key into your dial pad #21# and press call. Following this, can you re-boot your handset by performing the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

This will refresh the signal to the SIM card and apply any changes.

This I have done many time to no effect!

Also I tried to see if I could make my answerphone only answer after 30 seconds so I keyed into my dialpad **004*+447870020555*11*30#
I also tried **004*07870020555*11*30#
I also tried **61*+447870020555*11*30#
Finally I also tried **61*07870020555*11*30#
 and pressed call. This reported "Call forwarding Service has been disabled"

This also had no effect and I really neeed Plusnet support to sort this out, please.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

5 REPLIES 5
Selgovae
Grafter

Re: Call from TSB has stopped me receiving calls and texts

Desperate to get my phone working again I called customer support and was told the only answer was for them to send me a new SIM card in the post. This will take 2 working days, then if that cures the problem (and I have my doubts) what will happen when TSB phones me again with a verification call?

It's a shame as I had no bother with Plusnet up untill now, but this is causing me to think about moving to another network that does handle short codes without any of these problems.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Come on PlusNet, this needs sorting quickly. It's bad enough not being able to receive short code texts, but if it means having to issue a new SIm to re-establish calls then it's crazy!. Many organisations are using short code texts for verification, most banks , HMRC and the NHS to name but a few. This is a MAJOR problem!. What is being done to fix it ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Selgovae
Grafter

Fix

The replacement SIM arrived promptly today. I inserted it in my phone then rang 080007911331. [CSA Removed] was on the ball upgrading my account with the new SIM details. After a couple of hours nothing had happened,. So I looked at my settings and selected Plusnet as my Network Operator.
This worked, and after a reboot I was back to normal.
Soon after I received a text from TSB to remind me that they had a mobile app I could download. However I think after all this trouble I will keep away from the app and giving this Plusnet number to them for validation purposes.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

alexgraves82
Hooked

I have already had a replacement sim. This has not fixed this issue for me.
Graham_G

I'm having the same issue since trying to install the tsb app. Has anyone found a permanent fix for this issue?