cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI - Restrict at network level

Coxswain

CLI - Restrict at network level

Trying to find a way of restricting the outgoing CLI at network level without success. Other networks offer this as a standard feature but it seem not to be the case on PlusNet. Can anyone assist please?

Unfortunately the device the sim card is used in does not offer the feature to block the outbound CLI, so it is not possible to do it at a device level.

Having to do it on a pre-call basis by using the prefix 141 is not ideal but up to now is the only solution available. Surely there must be a way PN can do this at network level?

5 REPLIES 5
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: CLI - Restrict at network level

Hi Coxswain,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

We don't currently offer the feature of restricting or blocking the Calling Line Identification (CLI) at network level.

From what you have advised, I understand that you're using the SIM in another device that differs from a handset. If this was used within a handset, the majority of handsets now offer the feature to switch your number to private. 

Our SIM cards are primarily sold to be used in mobile phones with usage of all 3 services (calls, texts and data); we cannot guarantee that the SIMS will work in any other device other than a handset.

We advise that you're more than welcome to try as there is a 14 day cancellation period upon sign up however, If a customer purchases a SIM for requirement in another device; we cannot guarantee that you'll receive full successful service availability.

If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch and I'll do my best to help!

- Rebeka 

Coxswain

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am pleased with the PlusNet service so far. The SIM is working fine, doing everything I want it to do, apart from being able to block the CLI. Unfortunately as the device is an older unit it does not offer the functionality to be able to block the outgoing CLI from within the device settings, hence why I am asking for it to be done at network level.

To me this is a really simple request & certainly one which all previous networks I have worked on have easily been able to offer. I am very surprised that you don't seem to have the function available at network level. This is a great shame as the rest of the PlusNet service seems to be very good. I really want to stay with you & have no plans to move away as everything else seems fine.

Another reason for asking for it to be done at network level is in the past I did have an experience where the CLI was supposedly blocked by the device I was using at the time but in fact it was somehow getting release. Once I realised & asked the network to block it, which they did easily, the problem went away & the CLI was blocked for every out going call. I should emphasise that the reason for asking for the CLI to be blocked is for a very genuine reason & nothing underhanded.

Could I therefore ask that you look into adding the functionality to block the outgoing CLI at network level as a "wish" from a customer in your next network software upgrade. As I say this is a really basic function & I would assume for you to be able to do this should be really easy to add.

I hope to hear from you with positive news.

Thanks in advance.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Coxswain,

Thanks for getting back in touch! 

I understand that this function is important to you and vital to managing the operation of your SIM card however, I'm afraid we'll be unable to action your request at this time. 

I have fed this back to the relevant department; although this cannot be implemented into our next software release, I'm sure this will be discussed.

If a decision is made to apply this function or any future plans are put in place in relation to this, we'll be sure to let you know!

- Rebeka 

Coxswain

Thanks for the response & taking my comments onboard.

Hopefully there will be some positive news on the feature being added in the not to distant future.

Thanks again.
OJ

Just to add my support for this feature for all the reasons already mentioned by Coxwain.

Thank you