Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying another mobile number SIM

Solarpower03
Hooked

Buying another mobile number SIM

Hi all

I already have an account and a mobile number with Plusnet. If I want to add another (and port) SIM, how the process works? Is another number added to my current Plusnet account and I will have two numbers/SIMs? Can I operate them individually and independently as required? How do I get bills- do I get one bill for each number or do I get a combined bill?

Thanks

Solar

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Buying another mobile number SIM

Each SIM will have a different account and be managed completely independently of the other(s)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Solarpower03
Hooked

Thanks- so with one email, I can have two Plusnet accounts?!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Solarpower03  I dont think the email address is used for anything other than correspondence on a mobile account so I dont see why 2 accounts cant use the same email, although we would need a PN staffer to confirm that.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@Solarpower03 wrote:

Thanks- so with one email, I can have two Plusnet accounts?!

I have 3 mobile accounts using the same email address (and bank account), so it is definitely possible Smiley

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Solarpower03, thanks for getting in touch. 

You can have more than one account with the same email address. Your bills for each account would be issued separately rather than just one big bill

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Solarpower03
Hooked

Thanks- ordered the second SIM today. I will port the number later. I am wondering when I am sent details for online account login? 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, you should have been asked to set up a password as part of the process of signing up the account. You'd just need that and the mobile number of the SIM in order to log in. If you're unsure of the right password it can be reset here: https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/ForgotPassword.xhtml - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team