cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband and Mobile username different

fmh2248

Broadband and Mobile username different

I have a broadband contract and have just signed up for a mobile contract. They have different usernames. How do I change them to be the same to avoid confusion when logging on to my accounts.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Broadband and Mobile username different

@fmh2248  Welcome to the forum.

Unless there has been a recent update to Plusnet's systems you cannot change your broadband user name. I would assume that mobile accounts are the same.

You can however change passwords.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

fmh2248

Thanks

As I signed up to this mobile account via my broadband account I find it very strange that plusnet could not allocate the same username for both accounts!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Maybe their system can't work its wonders to perform.with two accounts using the same user name. If both accounts work without issue I would advise that you rejoice and put up with the inconvenience.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @fmh2248

Thanks for getting in touch - as @Baldrick1 has alluded to, we cannot allocate the same username to both your mobile and broadband account - for two reasons:

1). The accounts are held on different systems.

2). The systems use different identifiers for your account (for example, your broadband username is alphanumeric, whilst your mobile account number is purely numeric (in most cases) and uses your mobile number as an identifier (whilst the BB account uses your username for logging into the Member Centre and such-forth).

My apologies for the inconvenience - there aren't any plans to change this in the near future (that I'm aware of).

Thanks

Dave