Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt-Ons web page misleading

piersg
Grafter

Bolt-Ons web page misleading

The Bolt-ons page here says that the Bolt-ons are "per month"

This is not correct. The prices are per bolt-on, not per month. If they were "per month" then they would not run out at the next "refresh" date, which could be in a couple of days' time. Please remove the "per month" from the prices on this page.

The SIM only deals are per month, looks like someone has just cut-n-pasted the code from that page on to the bolt-ons page.

9 REPLIES 9
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Bolt-Ons web page misleading

Hi piersg,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I can see that it states the individual bolt-on prices are per month. I can assure you that I'll feed this back to the relevant department to look into. 

Thanks. Smiley

- Rebeka 

piersg
Grafter

Hi Rebeka

Thanks for your help with this.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Kevin
Rising Star

@RebekaPreston I've just spoken to someone on the 500 helpline number who says that Bolt-Ons run out on the account refresh date, and that they do not run until the data is all used. Your reply here seems to confirm what @piersg says.

Could I have an official response as to which is correct please.

Kevin.
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi Kevin!!

When a bolt-on is added, this will last until the tariff refresh date or until the whole bolt-on is used - whichever comes first Smiley

-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Kevin
Rising Star

That is not what @RebekaPreston appears to say in answer to @piersg.

So if I needed extra data and purchased 2GB to use for navigation purposes on my phone for the duration of my holiday, 

3 days before my refresh date, use my normal allowance, and then only use say 700MB of the Bolt-On, you say I'm going to lose the 1.3Gb that is left? I've paid for that, so it's mine, if you take it, it is theft surely?

Kevin.
piersg
Grafter

I think that it would be much better if your "bolt-ons" didn't expire at the next billing refresh period, but continued until they were used up. After that, you went back to using your monthly allowance. Other providers do this. And considering that the cost of the data in the bolt-on is at least twice the cost of the data in a monthly allowance, it does seem unreasonable for your expensive extra data to disappear after some arbitrary time.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Kevin,

Just to clarify, @piersg has brought it to our attention that the bolt-on page states that the price for a bolt-on is per month and not per bolt-on. This has caused some confusion therefore, I have sent this across to our Operations Team to investigate further. 

With regards to your query:

So if I needed extra data and purchased 2GB to use for navigation purposes on my phone for the duration of my holiday, 

3 days before my refresh date, use my normal allowance, and then only use say 700MB of the Bolt-On, you say I'm going to lose the 1.3Gb that is left? I've paid for that, so it's mine, if you take it, it is theft surely?

This is indeed correct. We do advise customers of when their bundle refresh date is, before the purchase of a bolt-on and it is within our Terms and Conditions, that the remaining bolt-on allowance will not roll over into the following month. For this reason, we do have a number of different data allowances that you can purchase, so you don't buy too much or too little. 

Our data bolt-ons are as follows:

• 250 MB
  • 500 MB
  • 1 GB
  • 2 GB
  • 4 GB

- Rebeka Smiley

Kevin
Rising Star

So effectively, the bolt on price IS per month as you can only use them  between your refresh dates, i.e. a month.

Yes, that web page needs some serious rejigging. And yes, Plusnet should let bolt ons roll over until all the data is used.

Kevin.
piersg
Grafter

Hi Kevin, I disagree that the bolt-on price is per month. If I buy one now, it is valid for two weeks, not a month. If I use it all up in seven days, the next one will be valid for a week. Whatever our point of view, it highlights how confusing the web page (and the bolt-on policy) is, and how urgently it needs revising.