Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt On via the App

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Bolt On via the App

Can PN please removed Bolt On on the app because I don't want my daughter to put the app on her iphone and she might click bolt on to buy more data if she ran out of 20GB data on it without my premission as I pay her bill every month. I just wish PN just put a PIN CODE if purchase anything from bolt on to buy. This is the main reason I refused to let her download the Plusnet Mobile app on her phone.

13 REPLIES 13
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Bolt On via the App

Hi @goldenfibre 

I can send this off to the relevant people as feedback. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards, 

MoR 

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Bolt on via the app continue

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Bolt on via the app continue

Hi @goldenfibre, thanks for your post.

My colleague @MasterOfReality has fed this back to the relevant team, however, in all honesty it's very unlikely that they will or even can remove certain functionality from individual user apps.

One workaround that I can think of would be to either hide or password lock the app via the handset settings, if the handset supports this.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Topics merged to keep info in the one place.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@OskarPapa wrote: One workaround that I can think of would be to either hide or password lock the app via the handset settings, if the handset supports this.

Explain this as this doesn't make any sense at all? There is no password lock on the app but why can't Plusnet put special security pin code or password if purchase bolt on via the app? Surely this is not difficult to do?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @goldenfibre

My colleague was referring to the capacity of some handsets to hide or password lock an app. This is done separately from our app and is purely a part of the system software of the handset in question.

My colleagues have passed your feedback on regarding your concerns but as things stand the functionality you're requesting doesn't exist and it is unlikely to exist in the short term (if at all), hence Owen trying to think of alternative ways of protecting you in the interim.

Best wishes

Dave

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@RandallFlagg wrote:

Hi @goldenfibre

My colleague was referring to the capacity of some handsets to hide or password lock an app. This is done separately from our app and is purely a part of the system software of the handset in question.

How to do this via on her iphone?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @goldenfibre

This isn't our realm of support, but this info and this info may start you in the right direction.

Best wishes

Dave

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

If the smart cap is set at £0 mean my daughter try to add bolt on via the app - it will not go through ahead? Is that correct?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @goldenfibre 

Lifted directly form our website:

"Bolt-ons are not included as part of your Smart Cap. When you purchase these, they’ll be charged on top of your Smart Cap limit.

You can add a bolt-on at any time of the month for things such as extra data, texts or minutes, even if you have no Smart Cap remaining. These will then be charged in the next billing cycle." 

Thanks, 
MoR 

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

So, are you saying if my daughter click one of it (see screenshot below) to add on without my knowedge will automated me billing charge of this add ons even smart cap set at £0 are very dangerous poor lack of unauthorised without my premission. These should be BANNED as it should make any purchase through a phone call with a security check not just click from the app as it will make easier for anyone to click it by mistake and can't be undone!

Data bolt ons addonData bolt ons addon

What happen if my daughter click all of it £37 to add on for example?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I have decided to uninstalled plusnet mobile app from my daughter phone to avoid Data Bolt Ons addon. (because of lack no extra security authorised) Unless PN removed that off (bolt ons feature on the app)

What I don't understand is if you set the smart cap at £0 then u can't purchase anything as it locked £0.

Overall disappointed that PN wouldn't seem care with the poor lack of data bolt ons for any parent/s nightmare if their child/children got family sim only from plusnet on the parent/s main account.

Something is needing to be done about this as it very concerning with lack of security measure on the app.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @goldenfibre

The smart cap feature is there to prevent unknown overspending. 

I understand that you are the bill payer for this account in this instance, however, the bolt on option is there to allow a customer to choose if they wish to purchase more data/texts/calls at their own judgment. This is doable from the app as it negates the need for customers to call up when they need/want to do this.

I will of course pass your feedback on to the mobile team. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR