cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking

Wolfpeltz
Hooked

Blocking

I am getting persistent spam texts from a company I have never dealt with. I am TPS and they are all being reported to ICO. However, I cannot block then as when I use the spam block on my Android phone, an error message comes up 'Invalid number'. Is there any way to block these messages?

4 REPLIES 4
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Blocking

Hi @Wolfpeltz

I'm really sorry to hear that you are unable to block the unwanted messages you are receiving.

Unfortunately we don't have the ability to stop SMS or calls coming through on Mobile as most handsets should have the facility to do this.

Have you checked the number on google/the internet as a lot of websites have hints and tips regarding certain numbers and how to stop them coming through?

Kind Regards

Wolfpeltz
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I have tried all those. The 'display number' on my phone just gives a title to the text and not a number. A search on message details for the source just gives 'invalid number'. The text is very similar in all the messages, but there are about 3 trading names come up. The ICO and TPS are a bit of a waste of time, and it just seemed it would be easier to block them altogether. The first thing would be to find out what system they are using to send these messages enabling them to conceal their identity.

Best wishes,

Wolfpeltz

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Wolfpeltz I am sorry to hear about the situation.

As my colleague advised, it is pretty much impossible to prevent these calls from coming through.

You seem to know and you have already carried out the steps we would have recommended to you.

The only additional input I can provide is there are apps available on the Apple/Play Store, that helps prevent nuisance calls and has the functionality, to identify these spam calls.

Best wishes.

Wolfpeltz
Hooked

Many thanks for your help.