cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Deals. Unable to contact an agent?

FIXED
JRC
Hooked

Black Friday Deals. Unable to contact an agent?

Hi, 

A couple of days ago I took advantage of a black Friday deal on my broadband and was offered an upgrade on my mobile plan (I'm on a rolling 30 day contract) at the end of the chat. I wanted to think it over so said I would get back in touch about it.

I now find I cant see the same offer (32Gb @ £10.00pm rolling 30 day contract) without having to port my number, get a new SIM, etc. During the chat I got the impression I could upgrade there & then.

I've tried starting a new chat multiple times since then but am just getting the 'we are very busy' bot instead of an agent.

The deals end tonight and I'm starting to feel this is as far as I'm going to get.

Can anyone advise how I can take up the deal I was offered before the deals expire?

Thanks,

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
JRC
Hooked

Re: Black Friday Deals. Unable to contact an agent?

I should mention that I have already tried calling the 500 number and although I can get through and talk to an agent, when I am transferred to the 'black friday team' to finalise the deal I'm just put on hold for a while then disconnected. This has happened multiple times..

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Fix

Hi 

Just rang 500 then 1 then 3 "You are thing of leaving"

I was answered in about 3 minutes ( longer than normal ) must be Black Friday Deals  

I'm getting the 30GB U/L texts and calls from my next billing date all sorted  

Not a BB customer so 30Gb

Try that press the 3 route 

Looks like the offer ends at 23.00 tonight

Hope that helps 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @JRC and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues calling us to change your tariff onto a Black Friday deal. Could you private message me the following information to pass our data protection checks and we'll arrange this for you.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JRC
Hooked

Hello both,

thanks for your responses.

Happily I have just got off the phone after finally getting a call completed all the way to the end.

Deal is being applied from the end of the month.

Have to say the customer service folks were great but I've never experienced call cut-offs like that before.

Consistently happened at around the same time, only during the queue, rather like a time-out session.

I'll mark this as solved.

Regards,

Joe

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi JRC,

Glad you sorted it and received the deal   😊😊😊