cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed for Whatsapp Call

ST24

Billed for Whatsapp Call

Hello

Problem is: used my phone to call a friend on Whatsapp in the USA and was billed £66.66

A: Why was this call allowed to exceed my cap put in place?

B: Why have I been charged for using the above App?

I also have Vonage with world call plans virtual NYC # but just used my app to call them.

Regards.

7 REPLIES 7
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Billed for Whatsapp Call

Hi @ST24,

That doesn't sound right. Could you please PM one of the online staff members your mobile number and full address.

A list of online members can be seen at the bottom of the main community page and will have a 'staff' banner on their avatar @adamwalker is in until 10pm this evening. 

ST24

Hi JOLO,

There has still been no response from Adam Walker.

Regards.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @ST24, I am in over the weekend if you want to drop me your mobile number via private message.

However, WhatsApp makes calls over a data plan, not your phone plan. So if the call is appearing on your bill, then this call has been made via the normal voice call method and not via WhatsApp. With regards to the call cap, this won't cut off an active call, it will only kick in after the billing system has updated after the call has ended.

ST24

Hello deank, my number is  [Removed]

It would have used my wifi at home and not my mobile data as I use wifi at home> data on the go.

I also called via the whatsapp not my contact list.

Regards

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Thank you for editing my post. I meant to send a message not reply to my own thread.

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

It's really unwise to post your phone number on a public forum!

ST24

You're not wrong! Clicked on the link in my email and thought it was for a direct message, not to post on the thread.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @ST24, can you PM either me or @deank with the asked for details so we can assist further. Smiley