cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed for 2 sims instead of 1, and no mobile account log in details received

garethm

Billed for 2 sims instead of 1, and no mobile account log in details received

Hi, when I went through the order process for a plusnet sim on Tuesday the 29th the process failed on the card payment screen (that's what the plusnet site told me), so I started the process again and tried a different card which appeared to work fine.

After that second attempt was successful, I received a welcome email and an order email stating my sim was being posted. I received the sim on Wednesday the 30th so everything was still looking good at this point.

However, late last night I received a second order email stating a sim was on its way, a full day after the previous order email and after I'd already received a sim in the post.

I checked the card used for the first failed order attempt and it has been charged - so while the website had told me the payment had failed, it hadn't actually failed and I was charged anyway.

I have no use for two sims and would like to be refunded for one of them please. I shouldn't have been told the first order attempt had failed, yet have been charged for it anyway.

The second issue I'm experiencing: I haven't received any log in details yet for my plusnet mobile account! No log in details in an email, no log in details by post.

I'm also a plusnet phone and broadband customer, but that log in isn't working for the mobile account. I've tried requesting my username and password details for the mobile account through the 'forgot your password/username' options but neither option recognises my details.

Please help!

Thanks,

Gareth

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Billed for 2 sims instead of 1, and no mobile account log in details received

Hi Gareth, 

I'm sorry to hear this has been the case. Over the last few days, we've been experiencing a few technical difficulties with the website; but we're working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

If you give us a call, we can cancel one of your SIM cards with immediate effect and we'll refund any money that is owed. 

In terms of your My Account details, all of our SIM cards automatically activate two working days after the dispatch date. Once the SIM is active, you'll receive a Welcome Email to confirm and you'll also receive your details for My Account. Your details will differ to your broadband account, as it will essentially be a separate contract.

Our contact number is 500 from your SIM or 0800 0791133, which is a free call from any line. I hope this helps. -Ashleigh