cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill showing as paid when not having come out of bank account

guido123

Bill showing as paid when not having come out of bank account

Hi All,

I changed my direct debit to come from a different account last month. The funds however have not come out of my bank account and the the direct debit is not showing. I contacted plusnet (500) to see what was going on and they have confirmed that it was showing as paid (from the new account) - and we agreed to check with my bank. I called my bank to take a closer look - they could not see the direct debit payment or any transactions going to plusnet. The transaction apparently took place around 2 ish weeks ago.....

So I'm now in a position where I appear to be not paying anything for my mobile contract... and am not sure who / what is at fault - plusnet vs bank.

Has this happened to anyone else / does anyone know what I can do to get this sorted?

Cheers,

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Bill showing as paid when not having come out of bank account

@guido123  Welcome to the forum.

If the money is being paid but the DD does not appear on your bank account my immediate assumption is that its been mistakenly set up on some other poor persons account and they are paying it for you.
Did you give Plusnet the correct details? Have Plusnet transcribed these correctly? These are the immediate questions.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

guido123

@Baldrick1 thanks for the reply.

Yes the thought had crossed my mind but they didn't seem too concerned!

As far as I'm aware I did give the correct details.

The last digits of my account number and sort code were confirmed along with the account holder name and bank name. Apparently they only have sight of the last digits of the account number and sort code so there is the possibility that there could be an incorrect digit somewhere. However wouldn't the account name / bank name have to be correct too?

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@guido123 wrote:

However wouldn't the account name / bank name have to be correct too?

You would like to think given the banking industry but I'm not too sure whether the latest change i.e. names etc must match, has been fully implemented by all banks just yet.

Of course, they might still be pulling money out of your old (defunct) account - even though the system says its not. What is worrying is the fact it says its paid. It could have been years before anyone said anything.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
guido123

@idonno thanks for the reply.

Of course, they might still be pulling money out of your old (defunct) account - even though the system says its not.

I've checked my old account (it's still open) and can't see any payment leaving either.

What is worrying is the fact it says its paid. It could have been years before anyone said anything.

Quite.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @guido123 and welcome to our Community Forums

Definitely something odd here.

Could you drop me a PM with the following information so we can take a closer look into this for you?

+Your mobile number
+Your full name
+Your full address
+Are you the account holder?
+Your date of birth
+Last 2 digits of your bank account number
+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
guido123

@Gandalf Thanks have pm you.