cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill increase query

simoncross
Hooked

Bill increase query

I have only recently joined plusnet mobile for £10 a month, and only recently received an email stating that From 30th June, we’re increasing the price of your plan in line with the 0.7% Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation published by the Office for National Statistics in April 2021 plus 3.9%. I have a few questions...

1) what is the "plus 3.9%" in relation to, and why is this being added in addition to CPI?

2) As you can see from the screenshots attached, until 30th June, new customers are being offered the same £10 month deal that I am currently on, so will these people also be paying the additional 46 pence a month? If not, why not?

As things stand, I feel a little unfairly treated especially given that I only took out this account little over 3 months ago - I understand that it's only a 30 day contract and that plusnet can do whatever they want after that, but then that also cuts both ways if you know what I mean...

Finally, what is to stop me from porting my number to a £1 sim card with another provider, taking a new tariff out with plusnet (staying on £10 month) then just porting back over straight after?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Bill increase query

@simoncross 

The 3.9% is related to a BT Retail group policy to increase prices above inflation to allegedly pay for fibre roll out. 

Can you get a £1 SIM and port your number to it without also putting money on the SIM?

It’s far from unusual for a new subscriber to be offered a better deal than existing customers. You could always ring customer services and threaten to leave if they didn’t give you the same price. I doubt that your desire for new customers to pay the extra because you have been charged it will get very far.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baldrick1 wrote:

@simoncross 

. You could always ring customer services and threaten to leave if they didn’t give you the same price.

I would follow that advice ring 500 from your mobile then 1  and 3  " You are thinking of leaving "   

I think they are getting a few calls about this  so good luck

HD

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@Baldrick1 wrote:

The 3.9% is related to a BT Retail group policy to increase prices above inflation to allegedly pay for fibre roll out. 

I've not seen that said anywhere.  I've only seen it as for the "costs to run and invest in the network and service that we provide.".  The broadband and mobile networks are both a lot more than just the fibre roll out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@pjmarsh 

Fair enough, this was my interpretation of investing in the network. I guess the real reason for the increase is because Ofcom are allowing them to do it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'