cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill charge way higher than smart cap limit

kevlar

Bill charge way higher than smart cap limit

Today i unfortunately lost wifi in the house, without realising, and my phone used data instead. I was streaming VR videos and so it used up quite a lot before i realised. Ive checked on the app and the charge for this data is showing up already as just over £150. I have a smart cap set at £10 so surely this shouldnt be possible. Can some one please advise?

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Bill charge way higher than smart cap limit

If you have a smart cap then we won’t charge you more than this in out of plan costs, unless you buy a bolt-on or top up. Have we actually charged you this on a bill, or are you just seeing the ~£150 on your usage breakdown?

If it’s just the latter then technically that’d be correct as you would’ve used that amount of data, however when we generate your bill we’ll automatically credit anything over the smart cap, so you don’t pay the full amount. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
kevlar

My bill isn't due for a couple of weeks. It is in the cost column next to yesterday's date.
From what you say, it sounds fine and a big relief.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Cool. No problem @kevlar, let me if you’ve got further queries or there’s anything else you’d need help with.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button