Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Jamaica Data Charged £8 per MB

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Beware of Jamaica Data Charged £8 per MB

My friend has shocked and informed me that Plusnet charged him for £33.33 for using just 18MB  for out of plan usage

£8.00 per MB in Jamaica Zone 3 for Data

Sound very very expensive to use data in Jamaica (better set smart cap at £0 before u go)

He is deaf and unaware of this charge! He not happy at all.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Beware of Jamaica Data Charged £8 per MB

Hi @goldenfibre,

I'm sorry to hear that your friend has had this experience. Please can you ask them to get in touch so that we can look into this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

He will call u back when he return back to UK because Text Relay Service won't work in Jamaica (only UK)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@goldenfibre If your friend had a smart cap on we wouldn’t charge anymore than that for out of plan usage so if it was set at £0 there’d be no extra fee

If his smart cap is more than £0 we’d charge up to the cap and I’d doubt we’d be able to refund this as the charge would be correct and in line with our pricing here: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/

Also when you land in a non-roam like at home country you should automatically receive a text to let you know you’ll pay more for calls, texts and data. This is the text I got when I landed in China:

Hello, you're now roaming in a country where you pay more for texts, calls & data. In case of emergency whilst abroad dial 112, for free.

Hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet