cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better mobile coverage using multiple networks

FarmerBoyce

Better mobile coverage using multiple networks

The new deals look to be reasonable value but it's a shame to see plusnet mobile runs only on EE as the signal in a lot of places is poor.

Do you have any plans to use multiple networks in the future to offer the best coverage like pebble network does? because I'd seriously consider it if your overall coverage was better round my way.

3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Better mobile coverage using multiple networks

Have you actually looked at their prices for data - they are really expensive

FarmerBoyce

It's only expensive if there is a cheaper alternative - as I already said, EE (as well as the other networks) all have holes in their coverage and EE which plusnet evidently use is the worst for me and a lot of others. All the other companies seem to only offer one network's coverage as well, so it's expensive in comparison to what?

You're trying to compare potatoes with marrows!

Pebble gives the coverage of all the networks glued together, so you're getting 4 networks in one SIM card... as opposed to one network with poor coverage.

I'd rather have a decent signal and pay a bit more for it than pay 30 pence a month for a billion minutes and never have a signal with which to use them Thumbs_Up

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Sorry but it strikes me that you've already found the solution - I suggest you go with Pebble.

They've clearly found a gap in the market - but no one else is filling that gap owing to the costs involved.

Before posting I thought I'd check out what their charges are - goodness they're expensive!  

(EDIT - link to Pebble deleted - PlusNet might see it as competition!)

(FURTHER EDIT - knowing that PlusNet don't do PAYG - the Pebble rates for PAYG are not at all bad providing you avoid data - so could be of interest for people wanting an emergency phone with good connectivity.)