cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to cancel?

jefff
Dabbler

Best way to cancel?

I signed up with Plusnet Mobile last month. 

A couple of weeks ago I tried to port my number via the SMS process. I waited several days but nothing happened.

Then I looked on here and found out that lots of people have had similar problems, the SMS porting system seems to have been broken but Plusnet haven't bothered to tell their customers about it.

So I'm going to cancel as their customer service is so bad. I've just bought a Black Friday deal from one of their rivals.

My pac has now expired, so I've just been on the phone to BT Mobile to get another one, which was a long and painful experience. Still not got one because their systems are down.

I don't want to call Plusnet because the mood I'm in at the moment means I'll probably get angry and swear at someone. Particularly if they try to persuade me to stay.

So what's the best way to cancel without calling them?

Is there an email address I can use?

12 REPLIES 12
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Best way to cancel?

To avoid phoning you could try using the online Chat Service

jefff
Dabbler

Online chat seemed to be constantly unavailable.

So I searched Plusnet's help to find out how to cancel. It says " dial 150 from your Plusnet mobile.". So I tried that several times, and it wouldn't connect.

Then I eventually got through to someone on chat. But they can't do cancellations. They say the only way to cancel is to phone them. But the number is 500, not the one shown on their help system. The company seems to be a complete shambles. 

azc
Rising Star

Where in the Help system did you find the dial 150 instruction ? if you can remember, I can't find it.

Could be something that needs correcting ?

jefff
Dabbler

I typed 'cancel' into the help search box, then clicked on ''I want to cancel my Plusnet service'

It says "If you're a Plusnet Mobile customer, please call 0800 328 4620 or dial 150 from your Plusnet mobile."

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

azc
Rising Star

Could a member of Staff please check the validity of this Help info ?

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi alanc!

Thanks for posting your question, after taking a look for myself, it does appear that the information on the Plusnet website is correct: 

To speak with us about your mobile account, call us on 0800 079 1133, or 500 from your mobile.

You can check for yourself using the link below:

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/.

- Charlie

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jefff!

I'm sorry to hear that you're wising to leave Plusnet, you can use both numbers above to contact our cancellations team, should you run into any trouble or have any more questions, please feel free to drop me a PM.

- Charlie

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@AlanC wrote:

Could a member of Staff please check the validity of this Help info ?

I have raised this with the relevant team as I think this should be 500 and not 150.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jefff
Dabbler

@CharlieRobinson wrote:

it does appear that the information on the Plusnet website is correct: 

No it's not. Read my post again, which tells you how I found the information. Looking for it the way I did, it still says "If you're a Plusnet Mobile customer, please call 0800 328 4620 or dial 150 from your Plusnet mobile."

jefff
Dabbler

you can use both numbers above to contact our cancellations team,

I've tried that several times. I gave up waiting for someone to answer. 

Can I bill you for the time I've wasted on the phone trying to get through?

The ONLY reason you insist on a phone call to cancel is so you can try to hang on to customers. There's no reason why you couldn't accept cancellations via email, or via online chat. By making it difficult to cancel you're just making me dislike you even more, reducing the chance I'll give you any business in the future. 

Maybe I should just cancel my direct debit.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

As far as I can see, the 150 number only appears in the search box. The rest of the Help site has the correct 500 number throughout. I am in the process of getting this sorted and I would also like to thank you very much for pointing this out so I can get this rectified with the team who deals with the search content and its automated responses from the search criteria.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that, jefff!

I'll see that your post is fed back and any errors on the site are investigated. I'm afraid on occasion we can experience higher call volumes, in the meantime, if you'd like to send me a PM with some account details (name and address), I'll be happy to take a look and see what I can do.

I would advise against cancelling your direct debit, as doing so will not close your account.

- Charlie