cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged twice now debt collectors are invloved

Trinder1986

Being charged twice now debt collectors are invloved

Basically i ordered a refurbished iphone 5 through a company called chitter chatter a partner of ee. The email i received was comformation from chrome value holdings stating that i would receive a iphone 5 on plus net with the amount of data and calls ect and the price each month. Later that day i also receive a email from plus net stating that my sim was in the post and would be with me shortly.

So my phone and sim arrive and i use my phone no problems. Fast forward to a year later and i notice that every month i have been charged twice by plus net!!! I look back through emails they have sent me telling me my bill every month and discover they are double emails! Charging me for two accounts! One is belonging to my phone number and the other i do not know!

I contact plus net explain the situation and the guy tells me its their mistake they set up two accounts and i will be refunded for the account opened by mistake. They can see that there is no activity at all on this account and i didnt not even receieve this second sim by the way. So in stead of them refunding me i ask that the balance be transfered over to my account that i am using so basically that contract is paid up to date and i owe no money which they agree to.

Fast forward again and i start getting emails and letter saying i owe money for these two contract i have! I have rang mutiple times so sort this only to be told i need to speak to a manager and one will call me back and they never do.

I have had a letter now saying the amount has goine up and debt collectors will be collecting the money on their behalf now.

I hve managed to speak to someone today who now tell me i have ordered 2 phones ! They cannot prove this! I have one email only with one tracking link on there about the one mobile phone i ordered! I have 2 emails from plus net telling me that 2 sims are on there way though i only ever receive the one! So bascially its all my fault and i have to pay up. This cant be right ! Someone please helps
3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Being charged twice now debt collectors are invloved

Hi @Trinder1986,

I can only apologise in regards to this for the poor service and terrible experience. So I can assist you further, please PM me your account ref, plusnet mobile sim, full address with postcode and full name.

Trinder1986

Ive messaged you the details are you still looking into this???
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @Trinder1986 I have now replied to your PM.