cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banned from ordering my SIM for 1 month due to Plusnet [-Censored-] up

jschoete
Hooked

Banned from ordering my SIM for 1 month due to Plusnet [-Censored-] up

Last week, I tried to order a SIM, but ended up with a screen stating some error occurred during payment. I think it must be a bug, so I try again. Same thing happens. I contact customer service through chat and they say that it may be due to addresses not being the same on my order and on my bank card. So I change address on my bank card and wait a day. The next day I order again, and this time it goes through without any errors. Great!

Except that my order still hasn't been delivered, so I call customer service (because chat couldn't help) and find out that on their end it shows that I tried ordering three times with my card which ALWAYS had the correct address, and they block orders coming from a card which ordered 3 times with errors. There are so many things wrong with this statement, I cannot comprehend how you are getting away with this: 1) the card did not have matching addresses the first two times, I had to change it!! 2) if it had the correct address three times in a row, then why did none of these orders go through??? And 3) how the hell do I need to wait for a month to order again (hoping this time Plusnet doesn't [-Censored-] up), when I called you to explain what has happened??? LIFTING A NON-DESERVED BAN SHOULD BE AN OPTION!

16 REPLIES 16
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 220

Re: Banned from ordering my SIM for 1 month due to Plusnet [-Censored-] up

I'm really sorry to see this, I need to speak with our billing team to get some clarification around this and see if there's anything we can do to allow an order through on the same card any sooner. Please bear with me and I'll get back to you after next Tuesday when myself and the relevant team will be back on shift. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jschoete
Hooked

Please do, I don't want to compare prices and deals again with other companies, but 1 month is just so long... If I cannot get my SIM next week, I will need to look at other options.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@jschoete wrote:

Please do, I don't want to compare prices and deals again with other companies, 

@jschoete 

Perhaps you've had a lucky escape, unless you're already aware that (unless things have changed recently) Plusnet Mobile doesn't support the sending of Short Code Texts or the use of WiFi calling and you don't need those features.

jschoete
Hooked

@RobPN Wait, are you telling me I can't call using WhatsApp over Plusnet mobile?? I didn't even know that was possible! And what is this about the short codes? Is it useful to send short codes though?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi there ,
Yes you can make WhatsApp calls over PN mobile, the PN mobile SIM does not support WiFi calling. If you are connected to WiFi ( your phone and SIM must both support WiFi calling) you can make calls over you WiFi connection if you have poor or no mobile signal .

Short codes may be used by banks , competitions etc, there maybe times when you need to respond to these texts, PN mobile do not offer this feature, although you can receive texts from short codes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@jschoete wrote:
@RobPN Wait, are you telling me I can't call using WhatsApp over Plusnet mobile?? I didn't even know that was possible! And what is this about the short codes? Is it useful to send short codes though?

I this is correct

I changed to Lebara via a special deal with USwitch no stupid annual prices increases the best thing I have done

This is from 25th October 2022 unless things have changed but I have not seen anything to contary

Plusnet Mobile Perks and Policies

5G

Free Roaming

Tethering

Wi-Fi Calling

VoLTE

Data Rollover

Spending Caps

Unlimited Data

Family Plans

Credit Check

Unique Perks

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@Smith7 wrote:

@jschoete wrote:

I this is correct

@Smith7 

What does I this is correct mean?

Are you confusing using WhatsApp on a mobile over the mobile network with WiFi Calling, which works by coupling your mobile to a local fixed internet service and using that for local calls when there is no mobile coverage?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jschoete
Hooked

@Smith7 That's honestly kind of disgusting, these are all default options in France... I mean no wifi calling and no VoLTE? @ITWorks How does WhatsApp work if voice doesn't go over any sort of internet connection?Huh

I suppose I should continue searching for another deal...

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

What's app can you use your mobile data or a WiFi connection to make calls.
To do the above you phone needs to have what's app installed and active mobile data or WiFi connection.

As per my post previous, in order to make calls over WiFi using your SIM card , the provider and your mobile phone must support WiFi calling.

Hope that helps 😃

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jschoete
Hooked

@ITWorks  I'm not asking in general how WhatsApp works, I'm asking how does WhatsApp work with Plusnet (as you stated it does work)?? Without VoLTE nor Wifi calling, there's no option left?Huh

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

It will work with PN mobile is it will any other mobile provider as long as you have mobile data as part of your plan

jschoete
Hooked

@ITWorks so what you're trying to say is, even though VoLTE and Wifi calling do not function on Plusnet mobile, WhatsApp calls still work through in some other manner.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Whatsapp calls will work fine over PN mobile data connection

jschoete
Hooked