Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Verification - Plusnet mobile shows as diverted

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Bank Verification - Plusnet mobile shows as diverted

Hi,

Our bank uses a call to mobile phone as part of the authorisation process, they display a code on the screen then make a call to the mobile, and you key in the code as DTMF digits.   Earlier this week was the first time I used this since moving to Plusnet, and although that process worked and showed the code as accepted, the transaction was blocked by security and I had to go through a long winded manual process to get the payment cleared.

During my conversation with the bank it turned out the their systems see the mobile as being a diverted call and therefore insecure.  I assume this is because the number was ported from another carrier.   Is this normal, and if so will the problem ever go away?

3 REPLIES 3
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Bank Verification - Plusnet mobile shows as diverted

I'm not too sure about the divert, but there are a few threads on here about the Plusnet not allowing short numbers, which is usually what banks will call on.  Could that be the issue?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Cheers, aren't short numbers only for text messages?   The process used here is a voice phone call, then the code is keyed in on the keypad as DTMF digits.   That part all worked, the I received the phone call and the digits were accepted.  It was only just afterwards that the bank rejected that as a diverted number.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Ah sorry, I thought it also affected voice calls.  I thought I'd read about people complaining about banks, nhs and such like ringing them as well as txting, but could be wrong.  I also didn't realise that you'd received the call.  Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.