cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Signal Assist equivalent

ojstroud
Dabbler

BT Signal Assist equivalent

I stumbled across BT Signal Assist recently. https://m.shop.bt.com/products/bt-signal-assist-40009142-DJHZ.html Is there any Plusnet equivalent available now or coming soon?

I'd love to fix our lack of mobile signal at home, especially given increasing reliance of online banking and shopping on a mobile: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46399707
4 REPLIES 4
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: BT Signal Assist equivalent

Hi @ojstroud,

I'm afraid there's no Plusnet plans to release a similar item (at least not that we've been made aware of). I'll let the community offer advice on third party products though as I don't have any experience with that particular device, or any devices similar to this. 

This might sound like a silly question but is the mobile service you're having issues with Plusnet mobile?

If so are the signal issues just in your premises? Does it work fine out and about? 

ojstroud
Dabbler

Hi,

My mobile is with Plusnet, my wife's is with BT (obviously both using same underlying BT/EE systems. Both are virtually unusable indoors at home, but work normally elsewhere. We are in a bit of a black-spot, a femto-cell of some kind is the obvious solution. Seems we have to go back to BT... or Vodaforne. 😞

Thanks for getting back to me though.

Cheers,

Oliver

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Oliver. Sorry for the issues you're having with your mobile phone indoors and for the disappointment that we don't do signal boost boxes. If this is important for you it may sadly look like you'd have to find another provider. Sad

If you have any further queries, please do feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

My mobile is with Plusnet, my wife's is with BT (obviously both using same underlying BT/EE systems

@ojstroud I've seen posts somewhere that the EE supplied box doesn't need to have the phones registered (unlike the Vodafone one! ). Give that your wife's phone is with BT she ought to be able to get the BT Assist box activated on her BT mobile account. Given that the EE box works with any mobile, it's likely that the BT one will also, and your PN mobile will likely work.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.