cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Watchdog

vienly
Dabbler

BBC Watchdog

For everyone without Data services it may be worth contacting BBC Watchdog as it appears Plusnet are dragging their feet and not taking responsibility.

We don't know how many Plusnet customers are affected but on this forum alone it's a few hundred. I would image a few thousand customers all experiencing the same problem but being fobbed off by Plusnet customer services others are unaware.

Once Watchdog becomes inundated with this issue, it will be made publicly aware and Plusnet will have no choice but to speed things up.

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

or

email: watchdog@bbc.co.uk

31 REPLIES 31
pander

Re: BBC Watchdog

Good idea,

However, the problem certainly is in the public domain.

The Register have it as one of the lead stories this morning. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/11/plusnet_mobile_data_outage/

The really disappointing thing for me was when I phoned customer services yesterday to complain yet again about the lack of data service (been 5 days now) I got the usual apologies and that there was currently no ETA. However, when I asked the CS representative why hadn't PlusNet sent out texts to all customers about the data issues, or even put something on their website they said "Hmmm, yes, I had suggested that too and we were told that the business did not want to do that.". I guess the obviously prefer annoying customers and having them waste their time calling up customer services and clogging up the call centre.

Not a great start to my new mobile contract. Only joined last week! Very poor PlusNet.... the compensation for this had better be good.

Tags (1)
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

"We don't know how many Plusnet customers are affected but on this forum alone it's a few hundred."

LOL, did you stop counting after you ran out of fingers and just pick a number out of the air?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

The Network Support Team have confirmed that they have identified the issue that was preventing customers from using data. A fix was implemented last night for all new customers. We are working on a fix for any existing customers and will have further information later today.

- Rebeka 

RM1
Grafter

Sounds like a SIM card provisioning issue then.

vienly
Dabbler

Thank you for the response Rebeka, however I am a new customer having only received the activation SMS 'Welcome to Plusnet Mobile...." from Plusnet last night and yet data still does not work after reboots/checking APN and resetting to default.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi vienly

You can try giving your phone a re-boot.

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

This refreshes the signal to the SIM card.

- Rebeka 

johnturnerbrit

Rebeka I have tried this now, but still no data. I am a new customer to plusnet. Bought sim last week. What would you suggest?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi johnturnerbrit

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

killsta
Dabbler

Any update @RebekaPreston? It's starting to get close to "end of day" Smiley

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi killsta,

Once we have any updates, you'll be able to find them at www.plus.net Go to the help and support tab and click on service update.

- Rebeka 

CliveArnold
Hooked

@RebekaPreston wrote:

Hi @killsta,

Once we have any updates, you'll be able to find them at www.plus.net Go to the help and support tab and click on service update.

- Rebeka 

Hi Rebeka,

Will the 'updates' be found under the Home Phone / Phone section ? I ask as there's no section there for Plusnet Mobile.

Thanks,

Clive.

killsta
Dabbler

Hi @RebekaPreston

I can't even see an acknowledgement of any mobile issues on the Service Status page... Smiley

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

thebood
Dabbler

Done - filled in the watchdog form