cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Areas with No Data - Any plans to plug the gaps?

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Areas with No Data - Any plans to plug the gaps?

There are 1 or 2 places I go to where Plusnet data is either not available (or GPRS only) even though there is a decent mobile signal.  Other networks have 3G or 4G data in the area.  Are there plans for EE/Plusnet to do the same?

6 REPLIES 6
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Areas with No Data - Any plans to plug the gaps?

Hi cjags,

We're not aware of any upcoming plans to improve the network in specific areas however, as a network provider, we're always striving to improve the service as a whole. 

Any upgrades or amendments to the network, will certainly be reflected within the coverage checkers that we use upon sign up. 

- Rebeka 

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@RebekaPreston wrote:

Any upgrades or amendments to the network, will certainly be reflected within the coverage checkers that we use upon sign up. 

Just out of interest, do you have access to more accurate and up-to-date coverage checkers than those available to the general public?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi maranello,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

The information we have on our coverage checker is up to date and is the same information that is given to our customers. 

If we're given any more information regarding changes to the coverage, this will be amended and updated.

- Rebeka Smiley

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@maranello

Have you looked at open signal?

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@cjags

I have Opensignal App on my phone. I was with Orange/EE and used to get excellent indoor signal on 3G at home until the local mast was decommissioned, after which I would frequently lose signal and miss calls. I used Opensignal together with a variety of free payg sims to determine which network gave the most reliable service, which is O2 in my case, so I switched to them. 

@RebekaPreston

I have compared coverage maps for EE on both the EE website and OFCOM. Unsurprisingly, the EE website gives a more optimistic indication of coverage. However, I was under the impression that the requirement of network operators to report coverage data to OFCOM was discontinued due to it being difficult to accurately confirm the reliability of the data. Hence my question. I no longer rely on the Coverage data provided by the operators and instead use first hand experience as described above using Opensignal - a very useful tool in my opinion.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
pop91x

Hi