Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are EE actively reducing cell sites?

Selgovae
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Are EE actively reducing cell sites?

In my local area I have good LTE signal strength but now it is down and the reason appears to be 2 cell sites are down in Blackpool.
The first site has been dismantled altogether and removed from the side of Micky's Carpets, Waterloo Road, Blackpool (this used to be identified as eNB ID 15988 ).

The second site is still in situ but it's no longer "live" and is located on Park Road, Blackpool near the junction of Hornby Road (this used to be identified as eNB ID 29095).
Has anyone any info or thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Are EE actively reducing cell sites?

Last time they merged, improvements to network coverage translated into removal of masts covered by their new stablemate. (Orange & T Mobile).
Selgovae
Grafter

A quick update on my original post.
The second site on Park Road, Blackpool (identified as eNB ID 29095) is back on line and working. 😊

The dismantled and removed site from the side of Micky's Carpets, Waterloo Road, Blackpool (eNB ID 15988 ). This has been reported to ee as a fault and I'm waiting for the engineers to respond.
Selgovae
Grafter

After a lengthy period of poor signal strength in the Oxford Roundabout area of Blackpool I was suddenly surprised to see a good signal in this area. Exploring the nearby streets I discovered a mast that had been reconfigured to carry Plusnet/EE. This is located on Whitegate Drive by B&M Bargains.
Also I also noted a new mast had been erected by the side of Squires Gate Lane, Blackpool (near South Shore Railway station). This carries a planning application lable from EE. So one day this might carry a working Plusnet/EE signal.
So I'm happy to find I was wrong in thinking EE are reducing cell sites.