cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone without data connection, and Plusnet cannot fix it?

MikeAustin
Dabbler

Anyone without data connection, and Plusnet cannot fix it?

As the title. I just wondered if anyone has had a perpetual inability to get a data connection and Plusnet has not been able to fix it? I have jumped through several hoops, doing tests with my sim card in different devices at different locations. This was to send to 'the engineers', but after five working days they have come up with nothing.

Anyway, I'm off to Giffgaff now - not such a good deal on paper, but at least it works.

3 REPLIES 3
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Anyone without data connection, and Plusnet cannot fix it?

Hi MikeAustin,

I am so sorry to hear you have been having some issues with data!!

When we are advised of issues such as this, we do follow a troubleshooting process that includes trying the SIM in an alternate handset, and giving us examples from different locations. It means we can narrow down the options for what could have caused the issue, and allows us to effectively and efficiently find a fix. On rare occasions that the troubleshooting brings back no obvious outcome, we need to pass this over to the operations team to investigate more thoroughly. We usually advise to allow them a 5 working day timescale to solve the issue, to make sure they can do a full investigation into it.

It's not great to hear that this has not yet been solved for yourself Mike, and the last thing we would ever want is to lose you. If there is anything more I can do to help out, please send me a PM, as I would really like to turn this experience around!

-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeAustin
Dabbler

My lack of data connection has been ongoing since 27 October. I jumped through all the Plusnet hoops, submitted test results and a report was sent to 'the engineers'. I waited for the full 5 working days, but nothing was resolved. Agents on this forum have been polite and have offered to help but, at the end of the day, nothing was done.

I am migrating to another network today.

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

MikeAustin, it will be a huge shame to lose you, and I sincerely apologise for the issues you have faced, I really do wish I could have turned this around for you!

If there is anything I can do to help, or anything you need down the line, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team