cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having issues with iOS 14 updates?

FIXED
Marvo
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Anyone having issues with iOS 14 updates?

I've been on Plusnet mobile for 2 months and everything has been great but since doing the iOS14 on all my devices at home my Iphone X on Plusnet comes up with the "Cannot connect to App Store... retry" message. Everything else works and the apps store on my work 6s (O2) and wifes iPhone 7 (3) and even my iPad Pro (non-GSM).

I've done all the options shown by Apple and others. I don't fancy doing a reset on the phone and appears strange when the other 3 devices have updated fine.

Even my Apple Watch and Macbook updated correctly. It's only this phone and only affecting the app store.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Anyone having issues with iOS 14 updates?

Not got an answer I’m afraid but there seems to be a few network bugs in 14, not updated my SE yet but read today on Digital Spy of someone having problem connecting their updated iPad to there home Wi-Fi with it giving a message that the network is insecure or the passwords are weak.

As your problem is not being able to connect to the app store I wonder if iOS 14 is seeing the same sort of thing like weak password or network etc.

Marvo
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Anyone having issues with iOS 14 updates?

Fix

I had 5GHz issues on the router earlier in the week which stopped me getting wi-fi but a reboot and rescan of the channels has sorted that.

I have a spare 1st Edition SE and powered that up last night and load iOS 14 and that appears to be fine too

I have now got it working on my X by clearing the historic browsing and data caches in Safari. Looks like app store uses Safari to cache it's data