cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody tries iD?

Merluza1
Dabbler

Anybody tries iD?

Still looking for a decent alternative, I've turned against Lebara, so iD looks possible and god help me I'm considering Virgin. I don't need anything fancy 5Gb will do and I want free roaming, again just EU will be enough.

7 REPLIES 7
Merluza1
Dabbler

Re: Anybody tries iD?

Nobody?

iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I used them two or 3 years ago. Never had a problem.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes, used them in the past, a couple of times. no issues at all.

I do prefer Lebara though, only because of better network coverage. What "turned" you against them?

Merluza1
Dabbler

Nothing exceptional I suppose, website failure, I signed up for a deal, got welcome emails then nothing as it turned out it hadn't completed, where the financial info went nobody knows. It was the dismal chat experience that put me off trying again. I need to check the network coverage of iD as I think they use the 3 network which was a bit scrappy when I last used them so maybe Lebara will yet triumph.

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I tried Virgin for a short while, they have a £5.95 deal for 6GB so close to Plusnet, free EU roaming. Their website is a bit clunky in places but overall they seem ok, the only reason I didn't stay with them was 4G speeds which were terrible compared to EE and I think worse coverage, so I ended up going with EE for now. Bear in mind if you go with them they are becoming O2 soon but they use O2 network already anyway.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

" I think they use the 3 network"

That's correct. Yes, I found their coverage a bit hit and miss, hence giving Lebara a try.

Merluza1
Dabbler

Thanks everyone for the info. I've decided to give Lebara another try as all the rest had something awkward about them, poor coverage (3 network), switching providers (Virgin) etc. The signing up business worked this time so I have a sim on the way. I expect I'll have to wait until Tuesday before starting to get my number transferred so maybe I'll keep the Plusnet one going until then.