cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Voicemail mess

markv
Rising Star

Another Voicemail mess

I discovered on Monday that anyone phoning me when I missed the call was getting an announcement (no message record option) of something like "Subscriber not available, please try later".

I dialed into Voicemail and set a personal greeting, and 'authorised' it, whatever that means. No difference to incoming missed calls. They still got Please try later.

I did some reading on the forum and found a suggestion from Plusnet to try #21# to reset things, which I did. Disaster! Unanswered calls then simply got dropped with no message. I can now see that was a mistake as #21# cancels all call diverts, including to Voicemail [sigh].

After a couple of HOURS I find a bunch of ** codes to try.

**004*+447870020555*11*30# worked on my Lumia 650, although none of the other suggested ** codes did. If I dial my Plusnet mobile number, I now get my personalised message and can leave a message.

BUT some callers are still getting the call just dropped if I don't answer. I suspect these may be number witheld/unavaiable either because they're actively witheld or because they're from a company switchboard.

Why would they be treated differently?

I've asked those failed callers to try the O2 SIM number in my dual-SIM phone and they get O2 Voicemail so this is purely a Plusnet Mobile issue.

C'mon Plusnet. I'm seeing loads of similar problems reported with your Voicemail. Get it sorted. With Vodafone, before I switched to you, everything Just Worked.

2 REPLIES 2
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Another Voicemail mess

Hi markv!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear about this and I'd like to help. I understand that you have already tried one of the codes however, we have 4 different codes that may help. I can't advise as to which will work as they're all handset dependant however, can you try each one by dialling it into your keypad and calling that number? The codes are as follows:

• **004*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **004*07870020555*11*30#
  • **61*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **61*07870020555*11*30#.

Once you've tried each code, you'll need to re-boot your handset. You can do this by:

• Turning the handset off
  • Taking the SIM card out
  • Leaving it for a couple of minutes
  • Replacing the SIM card
  • Turning the handset back on

If the above does not resolve the issue, can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet.

I understand the process can be quite tedious however, we try to investigate by performing the above troubleshooting steps and ruling out anything that can be causing this. If the issue persists, be sure to send me a Private Message and I'll look into this for you.

- Rebeka 

markv
Rising Star

Re: Another Voicemail mess

Hi Rebeka,

Thank you for your response. As I mentioned in my post, I manged to activate Voicemail with the code specified, the only remaining problem being calls from work (Number Unavailable) were getting dropped rather than going to voicemail after 30 seconds.

I rebooted my Lumia 650 and that problem has also gone away.

Best regards,

Mark