Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Number Porting issue

eccam
Dabbler

Another Number Porting issue

Hi scotjer

I'm having the same problem. Put my order through on Friday (1/12) after 6pm so was expecting to have the transfer completed by Tuesday. On Wednesday, I called Plus Net and was told that because the order was put after 6pm on a Friday it would count as having been started after 6pm on the following Monday, which would effectively start it on the Tuesday. Strange, but ok... Today is Thursday and I still haven't had my number transferred yet. Worse still, I've been told by an operator they can't give me an estimate for the completion of the order. So I'm losing potentially important phone calls and texts and don't even know if I should start trying to let everyone know that I might be stuck with a different number for a while (a few days? a week? a month?)  It is very frustrating and unprofessional and I'm starting to regret having moved to Plus Net...

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title after splitting to it's own thread.

10 REPLIES 10
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Another Number Porting issue

Moderator's note:

Split to its own thread for better visibility from here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Sorry to hear your port's been delayed, eccam.

I can appreciate your frustrations completely - perhaps I can shed a little more light on why issuing a timescale is so difficult: it's down to the sheer number of potential causes.

As our engineers work through the possible causes and attempt to implement a fix, as soon as they find the file causing the problem it will be repaired. Therefore, by the time we could pinpoint the exact issue to pass on this information to you, it's highly likely your port will have been completed and you’ll have received a text message and email to confirm this already.

Of course, I can appreciate this doesn't quite alleviate the inconvenience of having a delayed port, so I'm happy to offer myself up as a singular point of contact if you'd like me to check in and keep you updated.

We'll also be sure to credit your account with some compensation for the delay once the port is complete.

If you have any other questions at all, please let me know. Apologies again for any inconvenience this may be causing.

eccam
Dabbler

Thank you for your quick reply. I will PM you.

regards,

Jay88
Hooked

I’ve had a similar issue mate, absotuly shocking from Plusnet!

If I could cancel I would, but I’m stuck in limbo with no number.
Jay88
Hooked

Interested to know what update they gave you via pm eccam?
eccam
Dabbler

Hi Jay, unfortunately, so far I have not heard a word from Plus Net despite having PMd a member of staff yesterday.

eccam
Dabbler

Just a quick update: no reply from my PMs yesterday and today, but just received an email from Plus Net today saying I should get my number soon! Fingers crossed it'll be today. Hope others waiting for their numbers have also been updated.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'd just like to make a quick public apology for not getting back to you sooner, eccam.

I've just fired a PM back to you now, but it sounds as if your port is currently going through. Sorry about the lateness - I was tied up all of yesterday afternoon and this morning. 

If you're looking for more immediate attention in future, the quickest way would be to get in touch by calling 500 from your Plusnet SIM, using the Live Chat on our website, or even getting in touch via Facebook or Twitter Smiley

eccam
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply. In the meantime, the porting process has been completed, I'm happy to say, everything is now working as it should.

eccam
Dabbler

@Jay88 wrote:
Interested to know what update they gave you via pm eccam?

My problem has been solved early this afternoon. Got my old number back and everything is working fine. Around the same time, also got a PM for a member of staff who explained they couldn't offer an estimate as there were a number of issues that could have been causing the delay.