cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 11

PaulHeywood
Dabbler

Android 11

Who controls the rollout of Android 11?  Is it the mobile provider?

My wifes phone has picked it up yesterday but I remain on Android 10 despite having similar phones Huaweis P10 and P30.

Does anyone from Plusnet on here know the expected rollout schedule? 

We are both on Plusnet Mobile obviously.

FYI all worked fine for the wife although wifi needed disconnecting/reconnecting and most apps needed an update.  Nothing crashing so far though.

5 REPLIES 5
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Android 11

@PaulHeywood  This is down to your phone itself, not the service provider. Have a look in Settings there may be an option to check for updates.

PaulHeywood
Dabbler

Thanks I have done that but only the March security update for 10.1 came down on my phone and nothing afterwards.  She had a notification that 11 was available so it seems the different models are getting it at different times.  I'll try again in a few days.

PaulHeywood
Dabbler

Oops worked it out myself.  In fact my wife changed her phone and she now has a Nokia 4.2 - that has picked up Android 11.  From the Huawei website they are still in the process of rolling it out over April and May so I think I have to be patient.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

My Samsung phone recently installed 11. I'm sure there are changes, but the only difference to 10 I have seen is the sim pin entry numerical "keyboard" has changed. I prefer the previous! There's nothing obviously different that I've encountered.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Mook wrote:

@PaulHeywood  This is down to your phone itself, not the service provider. Have a look in Settings there may be an option to check for updates.

Not strictly true. Phone manufacturers roll out the upgrade to mobile providers who then install their own bloatware to it or check it out before releasing it to their customers in stages. Some handsets will receive the upgrade before others. Vodafone for example (my provider) will release the updates up to 6 months after Samsung make it available. If you buy the phone directly from the manufacturer, or somewhere like Carphone Warehouse, you have more chance of receiving a quicker update.