cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending direct debit on mobile

mgsciascia

Amending direct debit on mobile

Ok been with PN for a while with broadband had a few problems at the start but all sorted quickly and happy and liked that I could easily and simply log in to my account and update things so thought I would take up the mobile phone offer ok I know it's new to PN but really disappointed with the mobile side I just want to change my payment details it's a basic thing every account I have with every other company letting me do this hassle free and easy but not PN come on sort it out the mobile account is the most useless thing I have used so how can I simply do this? the strange thing when I set up the original dd my mistake I put it in my name but accidentally used my my partner bank account number how is it even possible that the dd was excepted.... please help
3 REPLIES 3
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Amending direct debit on mobile

Good morning, Mark!

Thanks for getting in touch. We can change your Direct Debit details to any other valid UK account, and we're happy to do that for you, but because we've recently been strengthening our Data Protection security, we have to ask that you call us up (free on 500 from your plusnet SIM) for us to take those details securely. I understand that that's not always convenient, but we want our customers to feel confident that their card details are safe with us.

It's possible we'll add other ways to manage your Direct Debit in the future, and we'll be sure to announce changes here on the forums whenever that happens.

Thanks for choosing to give us a go here on plusnet Mobile, and don't hesitate to get in touch again or send a personal message if there's anything else you'd like to discuss with your account or about our service. Smiley

idasud

Igree totally with the original poster and you still have not improved the situation.

Most companies allow this simple change and it is not worth 25 minutes waiting to get through to Plusnet Mobile on the phone.

How about doing it through webchat?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi idasud,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry, but due to the sensitive nature of the information, we're unable to change Direct Debit details online. This is to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and follows Data Protection Regulations.

We can however, set up an existing Direct Debit online, as this automatically re-instates the previously stored information and does not require us to take new banking information.

- Rebeka