cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of a sudden, Cannot register network...

mr_goll
Dabbler

All of a sudden, Cannot register network...

Hello.

I am a direct debit customer. Have ported my number in, and was using that fine for about a week. New mobile phone used since the start - Nokia 216 Sim Free purchased from Tesco. Having not left my office I went to check the time and where-as the phone normally shows a signal of five bars (full strength signal) - suddenly there is a text box "Can't register sim!". So I called your support line and you guys sent me a new simcard "never seen that before" your support guys said. Persuaded one of your nice operators to open a "Misc web-form ticket reference number 11589" to investigate - because surely customers can't just be disconnected willy nilly?

Several days without service, cannot login to bank or HMRC without the two-factor-authentication codes they sms'd me...

The new sim card arrives today, and after registering the ICCID with you; I try the sim card in various phones, and three hours later still no joy. So I call in to support and speak to them. By now, I'm thinking OK, so perchance my newish Nokia 216 has failed, and the new fangled 3g-ness perhaps needs ultra modern handset - so I went to Argos and purchased a brand new Sim Free Nokia 3310.

So, I put the new already registered simcard in the phone, and it does not work. Six hours later and no service. Factory reset, switched it on and off for various intervals - nothing. If I select "Settings -> Connectivity -> Network Settings -> Operator -> Manual I get a big list of available netowrks, including plusnet 2g and plusnet 3g - but neither of them will allow me to use them. "Can't connect to the mobile network". Any other sim in the phone works fine, and as I said it is spanking new - fresh out of the box.

Please help me, I stupidly cancelled my landline in the belief that I could go-mobile and it is due to be switched off shortly.. If you look up Misc web-form ticket reference number 11589, you will find all of my details.

Many Thanks.

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: All of a sudden, Cannot register network...

Hi Paul, 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues connecting to the network. 

It sounds to me like there could be a problem with some of the masts in your area, 

if you drop me private message on here I can certainly look into this for you. 

mr_goll
Dabbler

Hello,

Your support staff kindly looked in the possibility of disruption due to maintainence already, and they found no issues with the netowrk.

Please help no service for over a week not really feeling great about it.

Many Thanks for your assistance.

mr_goll
Dabbler

Just for reference, the original fault was fixed June 1st. The phone worked up until 4th June - at which point I realised the billing data in the Plusnet portal was not showing any calls since 1 June - so I raised a ticket here in this forum, and the phone was promptly disconnected again June 4th. Make of that what you will, viewers.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @mr_goll

this certainly doesn't sound right, I've picked up your private message now and we can look into this once we've passed through security. 

mr_goll
Dabbler

Dear Sarah, New sim card has arrived - I called to activate it (11:30am 06.06.2018) and Chloe tells me somebody has terminated my account, she says I have lost my ported-in phone number - and I should have received a text message notification about it on the 05.05.2018 - despite the fact the phone stopped working on the 4th, when I report a billing problem. OMG.