cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my calls, even local, are going to Roaming

FIXED
SAF-Cleckheaton

All my calls, even local, are going to Roaming

I have just moved to Plusnet and even though I'm in the UK, when I try to make a call I get a message "the SIM card you are about to use is roaming,  - do you want to continue?"  I have spoken to Plusnet Customer Service who sent.a replacement SIM but the problem is still there.  I have also followed their instructions for APN settings but that has failed too.  Because of this, I can't make calls from my car either, so it's driving me mad!   I had no problems with my previous provider, using the same mobile, can anyone help me?

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: All my calls, even local, are going to Roaming

Every mobile I've ever owned has a setting where you can set provider to scan for providers signals, and then choose to select just the one you want, rather than leave on automatic selection. A further setting enables roaming to be switched on or off re data.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

First question would be where are you located (is that a clue in your name?) Secondly what phone are you using?

Edit: that does sound like an APN issue though.

SAF-Cleckheaton

Thanks for the reply Colin.

I'm in Yorkshire, so no reason for the phone to go to Roaming.  I have Data Roaming switched off on my settings too,   I bought the phone from QVC, it's Prestigio psp3502duo.   Never had a problem with my previous provider Tesco, just with Plusnet.

I'm not very 'techie', so anything you can suggest might help - make it simple though!! 🐵

SAF-Cleckheaton

Thanks Gel; I'll have a look at the info you provided and hope for the best.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Since it's a dual sim phone put the sim in the first slot and leave the second empty for now, then reboot and double check the APN setings from: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Fix

@SAF-Cleckheaton Plusnet use the EE network which includes the old Orange and t-mobile brands. Plusnet SIM have ORANGE IMSI numbers. Your phone may not realise that EE is it"s home network and so thinks it's roaming.

See here https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1919823/roaming-warning

It shouldn't be a problem , apart from the annoying message!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SAF-Cleckheaton

Hi MisterW

Can't thank you enough - problem solved, you're my saviour!!

Thanks too to everyone else who helped