Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual time to port

philioso
Dabbler

Re: Actual time to port

[Removed] in case anyone is wondering Smiley

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Andy Baker's email address removed.

plutox
Grafter

This thread appears to have lost its direction, becoming yet another slanging match about failure to port within a given time frame.

My original point was this: would it not be better for Plusnet, rather than claiming (and failing to meet) a 2 day target, to say, "your port will take place in 5/8/10 even 14 days time" and meet the booked date so the subscriber can plan for the changeover. It's the sheer uncertainty of the whole procedure that causes the grief.

I cannot remember which network, but a previous port was booked (on line) on a calendar – they would only accept so many ports a day so as not to create a traffic jam – I was able to book a port for about a week hence, which duly took place on the specified day.

So, I ask again, would it not be better to make subscribers wanting to port a number into the network, wait a few days but perform the operation on the agreed date, even if that date has to be a week or two in the future?

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@plutox wrote:
So, I ask again, would it not be better to make subscribers wanting to port a number into the network, wait a few days but perform the operation on the agreed date, even if that date has to be a week or two in the future?

Sounds like a common sense solution to me Thumbs_Up

philioso
Dabbler

If you want Andy Baker's email just Google it - it's easy to find and very public knowledge... mod's obviously having a quiet day Wink

I think he would be quite disappointed to find out it's been removed from his own companies forums giving the impression there is something to hide.

cdc
Hooked

"Up to Two working days?"

STOP TAKING PEOPLE FOR IDIOTS