cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation time scales

dentalit
Hooked

Activation time scales

Could someone explain to me why you send out sim cards the same day but cant activate the account for at least 48 working hours after the order.

I received my sim card on Saturday the day after and i am able to do nothing as no matter who i speak to i get told the following

Sales - activated on Saturday they promise
Jimmy (Customer Services) promised by 7.30am on Saturday
Sales - Number to be ported by Monday
Customer Services - 5 working days to be activated
Customer Services - 48 hours to be activated
Social Twitter DM - be today

So i do find this all confusing but every other network sends the sim card out on a working account but PlusNet is really backwards on this matter in my eyes.

I cant even cancall my order because the account aint live but my emails states i can from the Saturday and also once it goes live they will be using the pac code they have to transfer my number over so I'm screwed either way.

11 REPLIES 11
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Activation time scales

Hi dentalit,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated. 

When you order a SIM card from us, the SIM can take 1-2 working days to arrive (we use Royal Mail 1st Class) and the SIM/account will be live 1-2 working days from dispatch.

We wouldn't be able to cancel an order whilst it's being processed however, once the account is live, we can certainly take a further look into this for you and help in any way we can. 

- Rebeka 

dentalit
Hooked

but why cant it be activated before the sim card is posted and its like your using your BB ordering method, pay up front wait days and then have an engineer then bang live.

its a mobile sim card where all other providers can do it instantly and not like almost half a week later.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The SIM card is automatically activated and does not require any manual input dentalit.

We would only advise for customers to contact us if it is a replacement SIM card, as this requires manual activation. 

- Rebeka 

dentalit
Hooked

The official response from yourselves regarding my order.

The order has been processed however, it appears that the issue is related to the synchronization of the SIM itself and the account.

Also the fact you refuse to cancel my order but you refuse to because  have a PAC code your refusing to deal with the opps team to get this sorted.

Also i have filled a charge back as you have refused to allow me to cancel because my number is not on my the live system so i need to wait for it to go live wait for my number to go ported over then get a new PAC code and leave.

Keep you proud this is a pile of [-Censored-] from my experience with your mobile sim only product.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dentalit,

I'm unable to advise of the order status without passing security first, nor am I able to discuss this publicly however, if you have been advised of an issue with your SIM activation, rest assured our process is to raise this with our Operations Team to investigate.

Whilst an order is processing, we're unable to close this down until the account becomes live on the system and as you have advised that a PAC has been submitted, interfering with the system, could result in the loss of your number. I can assure you that we're not refusing to raise this with our Operations Team; if you have been advised of the above information, then this will have already been raised. 

If you would still like to cancel, the next step would be to wait until the account becomes live and then we can close this down for you and request for the upfront payment to be issued back to you. 

- Rebeka 

dentalit
Hooked

It was you who actually told me this on twitter so you have gone into detail.

If Stacey at her desk btw?
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd be unable to discuss any information from a private conversation due to Data Protection and the relation to your order.

If you would like me to double check this and confirm any information, be sure to send me a Private Message with your details, along with the contact details of any agent your in conversation with. 

- Rebeka 

dentalit
Hooked

Look for your DM from Nathan Lewis on twitter
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Due to Data Protection Regulations, I'd be unable to cross reference conversations over different platforms. 

- Rebeka 

dentalit
Hooked

8 hours on the phone and still not able to cancel my order what a joke
dentalit
Hooked

So after almost 10 hours my order is being forced though the system left 24 hours and it be cancelled not doing me proud are you so far.

What a joke of a company thank god your broadband don't have this as customer service