cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not closed despite giving notice on 3rd December

diatomdeb
Grafter

Account not closed despite giving notice on 3rd December

Please can someone from Plusnet Mobile help me sort this out - I contacted you at the beginning of December to ask for my account to be closed after two months without service and no resolution in sight. I received my PAC code on 3rd December but have since received two bills, on 25th Dec and 25th Jan. The account should have been closed so why am I still receiving bills? Please can someone confirm that the account IS closed and ensure I do not receive any further bills.

Thanks and regards

Debbie.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account not closed despite giving notice on 3rd December

Hi diatomdeb 

Have you used the PAC code to change to a new mobile supplier

PAC codes only last for 30 days and the account for the PAC code has to be still active for it to be used so if you have not used it you need a new one

So if you have not changed supplier and used the code PlusNet have kept the account open

I think the account is only closed when the PAC is used so if only need to close the account you should not ask for a PAC code

PlusNet helpline staff should have explained this to you when you called to close the account

Brian A

diatomdeb
Grafter

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I used the PAC code immediately as I was getting literally no service from Plusnet and wished to change provider back to EE right away, which I did.

Plusnet have assured me the account is closed and have now made sure I don't receive the billing emails any more. I hope!

Regards,

Debbie.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Debbie.

Sorry to hear you've left us and you're still receiving invoices.

I can see you've called in and we've sorted this out.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet