cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account in limbo

DiliMadawatNgaN
Grafter

Account in limbo

Just joined and ported a number in, seemed to be going okay but when I called to lower the cap I'm told my account details don't match what I'm telling them even though the website seems right.

Come today and suddenly I drop off the network, SIM can't register. Of course contacting CS is useless since the security check fails. Hopeless. Paying for service, getting [-Censored-] all.

Anyone know how I can get out of the mess?
79 REPLIES 79
DiliMadawatNgaN
Grafter

Re: Account in limbo

On phoning "my" number I find that it has been put on someone else's SIM, intriguingly they have the same surname as me.   Perhaps Plusnet is incapable of coping with more than one customer with the same surname... 

So this is why I can't get past the customer service checks and presumably why my SIM is now dead, having had the number ripped off it less than a day after it was ported on.  How on earth am I supposed to get this solved since it now seems impossible to get customer services or technical support to talk to me?

After hearing of the shambles the other customer has also had I have no confidence that Plusnet can rectify their mess and fully expect to lose my number.  Beyond hopless.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi DiliMadawatNgaN,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear about what has happened with your SIM. This certainly doesn't sound like our usual high standard of service that we provide and I can assure you, that we'll work hard to resolve this for you. 

I'm sorry, but as I'll be away from the office until further notice, I would advise to contact any of the mobile staff listed below via Private Message, or give us a call on 0800 079 1133 and we can investigate further. 

@SarahStewart @OliGaffney @CharlieRobinson @MichaelWilliams

Thanks, 

- Rebeka 

DiliMadawatNgaN
Grafter

I had a long live chat with [CSA Removed] in CS earlier and the security lockout seems to have gone away, and she seems to be sorting the tangle out - new SIM en route, ops to get numbers assigned correctly, activate SIM, and hopefully all working again.

Certainly things don't seem as gloomy as they did over the weekend Smiley but it's likely I'll be without service for about a week and another of your customers will have been suffering weird calls intended for me...

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

DiliMadawatNgaN
Grafter

Wow, another rule broken, shouldn't be surprised, I wonder if anything useful actually happens in here.

Disappointingly, but totally unsurprisingly, I'm still without service.  I've had a new SIM and a promise of a call back when the network mess is put right, supposedly by today, but so far nothing.  No service for over a week, looking highly likely I'm going to lose my number, and cannot get through to customer services.  What an utter, utter shambles of a company.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience, DiliMadawatNgaN, this is clearly short of our usual standards. 

Please send me a PM and I'll have a look at what's going on here.

DiliMadawatNgaN
Grafter

So no service for two weeks, and with my number being used by someone else.  It's a good job mobile phones aren't used for private and security-related purposes... oh wait...

Turns out 'operations' take between five and seven working days to solve a problem, even one like this and which has allegedly been escalated, twice!  And it looks like it was only sent to them on the 25th after I complained again, not as previously indicated sometime around the 20th, which means probably no service and number used by a stranger for another week.

And it turns out formal complaints can only be made by live chat during certain unpublished hours, otherwise you have to call.  I'd love to but YOU'VE TAKEN MY NUMBER AND LEFT ME WITH A DEAD SIM!  Aaaargh!

I wonder what else will go wrong, if it will ever be fixed, and whether I'll have any hair left if it is.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm really sorry to read this.

Could you send me a private message with your mobile number or account number?

I'll be happy to chase this up and see if I can get an update for you tomorrow from our ops guys.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DiliMadawatNgaN
Grafter

The problem has belatedly been transferred to the operations team who seem allowed to operate to their own timescales with little accountability, I should be so lucky to have a job like that! I just have to hope that they'll get round to something in 5 to 7 working days, marvellous.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your private message.

I've discussed this with one of my colleagues in our ops team and this should be resolved today where you'll get your number back. Could you let me know how it goes please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DiliMadawatNgaN
Grafter

It's almost 10:30 pm and still nothing I'm afraid, maybe tomorrow... Maybe someday.. Oh no, I'm going to have that song stuck in my head now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've chased this up with Ops and I'm told that we're actively working on this.

We should have another update today or tomorrow at the latest.

Will update you when I know more. Apologies for the continued delays and inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK so I've discussed this with one of my colleagues in our Ops team. We know what needs to be done to resolve this, but we need to ask the system developers as to how it should be done and action accordingly.

Before we're able to send the request off could you confirm to me via PM the ICCID (The long number across the front) of the SIM card you're using (Ideally of the latest SIM we sent you). I'll then pass it on to Ops to get the ball rolling.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DiliMadawatNgaN
Grafter

Just sent by PM

Thanks again for chasing this, but I'm now concerned by your choice of words: "get the ball rolling" I was really hoping it would be done by now, but this sounds like more of a slog ahead.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've sent a reply to your PM just now.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a straightforward process to get this fixed, but I'm (quietly) confident we're almost there.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet