cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Closed and sim stopped working

friend20

Account Closed and sim stopped working

My contract was ended in March this year and I moved to another service provider. I have just found out that my sim has also stopped working. I am in big trouble. My gmail account was registered with my plusnet phone number. I have forgotten my gmail password and when I was trying to recover password I had to provide phone number registered with my gmail account. I inserted the plusnet sim in my phone and found out that my sim isn't working.

I checked my yahoo mail and saw an email received from plusnet which says :

We've received the sad news that you've requested a PAC code for your Plusnet Mobile number.

Though we'd love you to stay, the PAC code you need is:.............

The code will expire on 30-03-2017, if you don't use it then there's no problem and your Plusnet Mobile service will continue as normal (we're hoping for this option).

But unfortunately this is not the case. The sim has stopped and I am in big problem. I have a lot of personal data saved in my gmail account. My family photos, work emails etc..

Please help me to get my sim. I must get my number. Please please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Account Closed and sim stopped working

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Topic moved to correct board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
friend20

Where did you move my message? Why didn't you write link of my moved message? I am already in trouble for my locked sim and now I have lost my message. I didn't like at all :(((

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi friend20!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

If you can send me a Private Message, I can certainly look into why your SIM card has stopped working, however, with regards to your Gmail account, this has no relation to your SIM card. Your Gmail account should be accessible on multiple devices providing they are connected to the internet, and regardless of what network/broadband provider is used. 

If you need any further advice regarding your Gmail account, I would advise to contact Google direct or your broadband provider. 

Be sure to send me a Private Message and I'll certainly look into any issues with your SIM card. 

- Rebeka 

Mav
Fixes: 515

@friend20

There is a link in the board you originally posted (in this case 'My Account/Billing') redirecting to the new thread.

If you scroll up or down you will see that it has been moved to the Mobile board where the Mobile Team are better placed to deal with your query..

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

friend20

Thanks for your message.

I know the password reset procedure but unfortunately I have also forgotten my email ID as it was a new gmail account. 

The only option I have left is to get a recovery code on my mobile phone which is a plustnet number and that account is closed.

I have no idea why did plusnet closed my sim when i have never asked for it.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi friend20,

I see you've sent me a PM, I'll pick this up.

- Rebeka